Fatal Error (nLited XP x64)

ijwcomp

Hi!

I made a nLited version of Windows XP x64 Edition. However when I install it, there's a fatal error.

An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from continuing.

Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more information.

Press OK to view the Setup log file.

The Setup log file (setuperr.log) contains...

Error:

The G:\AMD64\NT5INF.CAT catalog file could not be found. The error code is 8. This is a fatal error.

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Error:

The signature for Windows XP Professional Setup is invalid. The error code is 8.

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Fatal Error:

Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more information.

I am dual-booting my current Windows XP x64 with this nLited installation.

It is installing to a blank 100GB partition (E:)

G: is the DVD drive.

I made this the nLited DVD by using a modified version of this http://www.msfn.org/board/HOWTO-create-ful...VD-t105277.html

So..

- I copied the XP x64 onto my HDD.

- I slipstreamed SP2.

- Used booogy's WMP11 slipstreamer to slipstream WMP11 + hotfixes for WMP11

- Integrated IE7 + hotfixes

- Integrated 5eraph's XP Pro x64 post sp2 update pack

- Tweaked installation with nLite..

Attached is my LAST SESSION.INI file.

LAST_SESSION.INI

A couple of possibilities:

1. First up, can you confirm that \AMD64\NT5INF.CA_ exists?

2. In your [Drivers] section, you seem to have integrated 2 lots of Intel SATA RAID drivers, why?

3. Are you trying to install from a DVD drive attached to the SATA controller? That can cause problems (it has for me anyway), if at all possible install from an IDE attached drive.

4. Unlikely, but it may be a faulty memory problem, check it. I like the Ultimate Boot CD personally, lots of DOS diagnostic and setup tools on a CD.

5. Unrelated to this problem, but why

[GuiRunOnce]
TimeOut /T 40
CMD /R %systemroot%\XPMINI\JW_XP64.BAT

%systemroot% will be on your newly formatted drive, so unless you're using the OEM folders, \XPMINI\ will be empty.

It might be better to disconnect your current drive while installing and then either use BIOS to select which drive to boot or manually edit BOOT.INI later to add your new installation.

Yes, NT5INF.CA_ does exist with a size of 70.7KB :rolleyes:

I'll reburn another copy of the DVD without the Intel SATA RAID drivers and see what happens...

And yes, I am using a DVD drive with SATA (on IDE on the drive)...

Hm.. memory shouldn't be a problem... The new machine is like 10 days old and XP x64 (not nLited) works like a charm... And does the tool work with 4GB RAM?.. I tried this Windows Memory Tester but it cannot detect all 4GB of the RAM..

Yes, I did use the OEM folders as all my programs, drivers etc... don't fit in 1 DVD (3 DVD's... LOL) and I had to change DVD's to install them all..

"It is installing to a blank 100GB partition (E:)"...

1 640GB HDD... (C: Windows XP x64 (no SP's etc.. just used it so I can nLite a x64 DVD..., D: Random storage..., E: Blank)

And, since I didn't research properly when I bought and custom made my new PC, I bought a 'cheap' Intel Core 2 Quad Processor (Q8200) which unfortunately, doesn't support VT so no x64 virtualisation...

Okay.. it shouldn't be an issue with DVD on a SATA controller.. I tried burning an non-nLited version onto a DVD and it worked fine.

And, I don't know what Intel drivers to remove... got confused :wacko: by the weird numberings and codes.. lol..

All I know is the motherboard:

GIGABYTE EP45-DS3 which has

1. North Bridge: Intel® P45 Express Chipset

2. South Bridge: Intel® ICH10

Cool, my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R and I can tell you that it would NOT install from a DVD drive attached to the SATA controller.

To get it to work I had to install from an IDE attached DVD drive, mind you I was doing a RAID 10 setup.

My computer does not have a RAID setup, never tried RAID before...

Anyway, since the original XP CD definitely works ('cause I am using it right now :thumbup ), I will try using a CD with all my modifications and stuff the programs on a DVD 2...

And, I will also try copying the original to a DVD and stuffing loads of junk in (not integrate anything... just put in random files etc..) just to see how that goes...

Sigh... if I can, I do not want to replace my new DVD drive... ($57 for the 'cheapest' Lightscribe DVD burner...) and my other computers either do not have SATA support or there is not enough SATA power cable for it (I would have to buy a power supply or buy a SATA to molex connectors.

Sigh... if I can, I do not want to replace my new DVD drive... ($57 for the 'cheapest' Lightscribe DVD burner...) and my other computers either do not have SATA support or there is not enough SATA power cable for it (I would have to buy a power supply or buy a SATA to molex connectors.

It's only for installation that one needs to use a IDE attached DVD drive, once installed SATA attached DVD drives work fine.

Since it is only for installation, I'll try to see if I can fit the Windows XP setup + updates fit onto a CD without removing too much components... Then dump all the programs onto DVD2 and DVD3...

Thanks Kurt_Aust... otherwise I would be wondering what I nLited wrong till the end of time.. :whistle: