Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

newbie here, nice to meet all of you.

@strel & all helping people: excelent work, thank you very much.

i have a problem similar to the reported in post 191 when creating an AIO:

==============================================================

Processing .NET 1.1 installer...

Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe...

Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe...

Processing langpack.exe...

Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 installer...

Processing .NET 2.0 SP2 portion...

Processing NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe...

Processing .NET 3.0 SP2 portion...

Processing NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe...

Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 portion...

Processing NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe...

Processing dotnetfx35langpack_x86es.exe...

Processing .NET 2.0 SP2 language portion...

Processing .NET 3.0 SP2 language portion...

Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 language portion...

The system cannot find the file specified. (originaly it said: "El sistema no puede hallar la ruta especificada." in spanish)

The system cannot find the file specified.

Creating merged .NET 1.1 es, .NET 2.0 SP2 es, .NET 3.0 SP2 es, .NET 3.5 SP1 es passive installer...

Creating .NET 1.1 es, .NET 2.0 SP2 es, .NET 3.0 SP2 es, .NET 3.5 SP1 es passive nLite add-on...

Done!

==============================================================

the script creates DNF11es20SP2es30SP2es35SP1es.7z of 59.5 Mb and after installed add/remove programs shows:

- .Net Framework 1.1 no size

- .Net Framework 1.1 Spanish Language Pack 2.99 Mb

- .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 183.00 Mb

- .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Language Pack - ESN 6.21 Mb

- .Net Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 169.00 Mb

- .Net Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Language Pack - ESN 22.75 Mb

- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 38.13 Mb

although should appear something like "3.5 SP1 Language Pack - ESN" in the list above WU/MU doesn´t complain about any pack/addon missing.

since so many people works winth no problems or errors, am i doing something wrong???

my .ini:

===================

PROCESS_DNF1=YES

PROCESS_DNF2=

PROCESS_DNF35_DNF2=YES

PROCESS_DNF35_DNF3=YES

PROCESS_DNF35_DNF35=YES

PROCESS_DNF3_RGBRAST=YES

PROCESS_DNF3_WINIMAGING=YES

PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6=YES

PROCESS_DNF3_XMLPSSC=YES

PROCESS_LNG_DNF1=YES

PROCESS_LNG_DNF2=

PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF2=YES

PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF3=YES

PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF35=YES

OUTPUT=ADDON

MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=YES

VERBOSITY=

COMPRESSION_RATIO=

===================

files in folder:

===================

dotnetfx.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

langpack.exe

dotnetfx35.exe (231 Mb)

NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe

NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe

NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe

dotnetfx35langpack_x86es.exe (32.1 Mb)

7za.exe

7zsd.sfx

KB951847_FIX.mst

SNMsynth.cmd

_SNMsynth.ini

===================

and by the way, yes i have the latest version, modified 16-03-2009 19:29

any help will be appreciated.

EDIT:

OK, now that it's confirmed, I've got to tell you DON'T WORRY, those error messages only mean the unused 3.5 SP# installer locale files (very small size, and related only to 3.5 SP# install process messages, not to 3.5 SP# framework at all) are not being removed from installer including 3.5 SP#. This is a new feature of the latests script versions not working properly, but it's not a real problem for the installer.

2 egd

Check again, the langpack for 3.5 SP1 should be in the ARPrograms list, but not inmmediately after the .NET group.

Edited by strel

Hello,

I've also encountered a warning of my AVG Free 8.5 after downloading your tool, but as said this should be a false positive. However, the affected file was send to AVG's Research Lab (via virus fault -> send to analysis) and here are the results:

This email is an auto-response message. Please do not reply.

AVG Anti-virus Research Lab has analyzed the file(s) you have sent from your AVG Virus Vault. Below you can find the results for each file. The final verdict on the file is either a correct detection or a false positive detection.

Further information about the verdicts are available at our website:

http://www.avg.com/faq-1184

"xxx\SNMsynth\KB951847_FIX.mst" - sent for deep manual analysis

Best regards,

AVG Technical Support

[...]The final verdict on the file is either a correct detection or a false positive detection.

Further information about the verdicts are available at our website:

http://www.avg.com/faq-1184

"xxx\SNMsynth\KB951847_FIX.mst" - detection is correct

Best regards,[...]

Maybe you should try to contact AVG's technical support manually to solve this problem; my other machine running AntiVir Personal along with other scanners don't report anything. Apart from that, thank you for this .NET setup maker - much more comfortable then to use six MSI packages at T-13. ;)

As far as I know AVG would generate false positives on every .exe embedded on a file that has been compressed with UPX as the .exe embedded in this file. That kind of contact with AVG is suggested in the link you provide but should be done by an AVG license holder as stated in the contact link therein. All the info AVG needs is in this forum, so up to you.

Oops, I somehow forgot to check this link, sorry. Unfortunately it seems AVG Free users can't use the technical support form either ("The license number you have entered belongs to AVG Free. No premium support is available for AVG Free."), but I found a E-Mail address (virus@avg.com) in the forum which claims to be working for reporting false detections. I'll write them a letter later today, but still it would be nice if someone with a paid licence could lend us a hand.

Edited by Brimborium

Hello,

One note about "The system cannot find the file specified."

I've noticed that you can avoid this message if your working directory does not contain spaces.

In my case at first I had this message.

After renaming of working directory error message disappeared.

This has not happend with earlier version of _SNM

So that's my fault, my excuses, will be corrected for the next version. Anyway, don't worry your installers are perfectly valid, it's just installer including 3.5 SP# have a few extra unuseful KB.

Thx gjack.

Edited by strel

• 2 weeks later...

I really have no idea why is happening this to you. Is not my case. What version of windows script host (type cscript in a command line) are you using?

By the way, for the next version I'm testing now, so I release it soon, the lines causing the problem are removed as they were accessory.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Very useful script, many thanks for keeping it alive :)

Latest RogueSpear's .NET installers include MSXML6 SP2 (KB954459) in order to update the one present in original installer... Since .NET original installers have been updated since latest RogueSpear stuff, does that hotfix still need to be added? If yes, can it be integrated using .NET Maker?

Also, I know this hotfix is included in Windows "UpdatePacks", however it is very appreciable to have an .NET installer with up-to-date MSXML!

Cheers

Actually the script supports it now. Just download the proper file from here to your work folder and run the process, you'll get installer/add-on containing 3.0 with the latest MSXML 6.0 SP2 built-in.

Cheers.

Edited by strel

Finally UPDATED! :thumbup

All features requested has been implemented and bugs fixed. The hell long to test, but it worth it.

2 Major

You can tell me if you find the same problem now.

Enjoy! :thumbup

Thank you for your reply, you are right, msxml6 update integration is already working

It updates msxml6.dll from 6.10.1200.0 to 6.20.1099.0, and msxml6r.dll (no version change, just file signature refresh)

One thing I haven't understood yet is that the update seems to be integrated into .NET 3.0 whereas RogueSpear puts it into the .NET 2.0 part. Even if the answer should be simple, I won't investigate into this since both ways seem to be flawlessly working

You might want to add the msxml6 update in the supported files list of 1st post ;)

EDIT: wouhouuu missed the update while editing my post... let's have a look at this new release :thumbup

Edited by OuTmAn