Unattended mini setup - welcome setup

Hi I'd like to know if I can get this:

in the mini setup of windows xp pro when it says you that protect your pc is important, it try to detect internet connection, it asks you for a user account and it asks if you want to register with microsoft, is it possible to put in some answer file the fact that i don't want to protect my pc, I don't want that mini-setup checks for my internet connection, i don't want to register with microsoft but i want to be able to insert the name of the user?

In few words I'd like to know if it is possible to have only the user accounts window and set an answer in some file for the other 3 windows.

Thanks

I think you are referring to OOBE screen here, in which case the whole thing can be skipped using the unattended setting in nLite and then you may be able to edit in somewhere in a file directly your username and other info but I have no idea on how this can/could be done im afraid. I will have a look around and see what I can find.

Stoner81.

Thank you stoner but my problem is different. I know how to completely skip that section and create a user in an unattended way.

The problem is to have a xp installation cd that gives you the opportunity to skip useless sections but leaving open the possibility to set a user account by yourself, so you can give your cd to a friend and mini setup won't bore him with protetc pc, registration with microsoft and so on but will leave him to choose his username.

Thank you stoner but my problem is different. I know how to completely skip that section and create a user in an unattended way.

The problem is to have a xp installation cd that gives you the opportunity to skip useless sections but leaving open the possibility to set a user account by yourself, so you can give your cd to a friend and mini setup won't bore him with protetc pc, registration with microsoft and so on but will leave him to choose his username.

Ok I get what you mean but I dont think this is doable in a strict sense you can probably work around it though by doing the following.

1. Create the Unattended section and skip the OOBE section.

2. In the Unattended section create another user and name it WindowsXP or something equally generic.

3. Create the CD and once its finished the install simply change the user name in the Control Panel.

Other than this I have no idea :( sorry dude.

Hope this helps you anyway ;)

Stoner81.

Sure you're right but it is the same. I know that it's not for some click plus that the life changes but I was wondering if it was possible. If I'll do the thing you say it will be the same to perform the whole mini setup and furthermore changing the name of the user will change its name but not tha name of the folder in docs & settings; you will have user SOMENAME with its userprofile folder named windowsxp or whatever you chose in the unattended install.

Thank you for your help.

Sure you're right but it is the same. I know that it's not for some click plus that the life changes but I was wondering if it was possible. If I'll do the thing you say it will be the same to perform the whole mini setup and furthermore changing the name of the user will change its name but not tha name of the folder in docs & settings; you will have user SOMENAME with its userprofile folder named windowsxp or whatever you chose in the unattended install.

Thank you for your help.

I have no idea then im afraid dude sorry I couldnt help you more :(

Have a nice day ;)

Stoner81.