Registry - Bubble Disable Question

Ok, I've been getting an annoying bubble popup for my wireless network pretty regularly.

As far as I can tell, it has done nothing. The connection has not been temporarily dropped or anything. The stupid bubble keeps popping up.

My question is this:

if I change the below registry value to hopefully remove this issue, what other stuff will it effect? Will it not let the windows update bubbles show up?

Set

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced \ EnableBalloonTips

To

Thanks,

Belak

If you set this variable to 0 then all bubbles are disabled. no wlan bubble, lan bubble, no lan bubble, security center bubbles and so on BUT the start menu bubble is still enabled (click on start to foobar) but this shows up only up to 3 times. you also can disable this with a different setting in the same registry hive (...\Explorer\Advanced) which i currently can't remember :/

If you set this variable to 0 then all bubbles are disabled. no wlan bubble, lan bubble, no lan bubble, security center bubbles and so on BUT the start menu bubble is still enabled (click on start to foobar) but this shows up only up to 3 times. you also can disable this with a different setting in the same registry hive (...\Explorer\Advanced) which i currently can't remember :/

So, it disables automatic update bubbles as well?

exactly

exactly

Thanks...

I guess I won't use it then... I'll just change another setting... lol

Thanks Again,

Belak