how can i change this letter as u see in the picture by using which dl

Gurkan

The registry key for this I believe is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\PaintDesktopVersion

and puts the watermark in the righthand corner. To change that you'd have to alter the version number in the registry, but since it is in several palces I'm not sure which, but probably somewhere in Local_Machine. You might try this key in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

there you'll find the information used when you look under System Properties. I think that may be what your looking for.

Let us know if that works for you.

Yes. Unless you are using a beta which has a "For Testing Purposes Only" on it which you can't remove this way, you can change what shows on the screen. those keys are correct even though one of the keys says "NT" it is a legit key under XP, Server 2003, and even Vista and Windows 7! :^) Setting the first key to "1" will show the version of hte screen and "0" will remove it, but you usually have to reboot or log out and login again to see the change.

no you had understood me wrong, i only wanna change "windows xp professional" text

It is possible that we have understood you wrong, but it is also equally possible that you failed to express your question in an understandable way. :whistle:

Open REGEDIT.

Navigate to key:

What do you see?

Or, better even, run this from command line:

REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" |FIND "REG_S"

Anything familiar? :unsure:

jaclaz

Since it is Christmas, I'll try again. :)

The text that appears on your desktop is read from the Registry key:

(and possibly some other key)

To change the text displayed on the desktop, you need to change the contents of the keys from which the text comes.

But since those keys may be used by a number of other programs, and possibly by key processes, it is NOT recommended to change the contents of ythe Registry key(s).

A workaround is to disable the feature by setting:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\PaintDesktopVersion

to 0.

and use ANOTHER, independent program to print on desktop whatever you like.

Examples are in the linked thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=99231

i.e.:

http://mystuff.clarke.co.nz/MyStuff/wallpaper.asp

jaclaz

you dont understand to me corect what u saıd just he change gurkan xp thıs reg he change but ı dont want thıs ı want to cleanıng what he wrıte to down on the pıcture servıce pack 3 ı want to cleanıng there

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4782.jpg

Edited by Gurkan

Sorry, I cannot understand you :w00t:, you cannot understand me :(, so it's all a waste of time. :ph34r:

You may want to either:

• ask for help on a Forum in your native language
  • ask for help from a friend that can read and write plain English, in order to translate to you the info given or translate to us what you are actually trying to do

Have a Merry Christmas....:)

jaclaz