Lets Suppose !

Honestly? Windows. It's easier to repair, has FAR better logging functions, and is easier to back up and restore if the options leave you with no other choice.

Seconded. The logging features is the one thing that I care about, since it will tell you right away how, where, and when something went wrong. The best part about it, you don't even really have to try to see the error. There's a big red X! None of this parsing through endless text files in /var/log....

Also, if you want to talk about security, Apple made a pretty serious screwup with the iPhone. Every app on that phone is run as root. I'm just waiting for the day that we get a serious iPhone vulnerability and all the people with their new "toys" start not being able to make phone calls...

Don't get me started on Linux... I use it on a daily basis, but given the choice I'd much rather run Windows any day.

The logging features is the one thing that I care about, since it will tell you right away how, where, and when something went wrong. The best part about it, you don't even really have to try to see the error. There's a big red X! None of this parsing through endless text files in /var/log....

Filtering events in the event manager is quite nice for sure. Definitely beats scrolling for hours in log files (scattered all over the place) looking for something wrong.

Every app on that phone is run as root

What a great idea! Surely, nothing bad could happen ;) Priceless, really.

Kinda reminds me how the MacBook Air was hacked in 2 minutes earlier this year. So much for a "non-Windows" machine that is so much more secure as some say -- or like how all iPhones seem to be jailbroke, so much for security! Safari hacked faster than IE, yeah, that screams security doesn't it? Meanwhile, Vista lasted until the last day (with more relaxed rules), where they had to use 2 exploits combined (none of it being in MS' apps including Windows): Java to bypass DEP and Flash as the "real" exploit (congrats to Adobe & Sun!)

In fact, I don't think Macs are really great at anything. They've also totally lost the slight edge they might have had before when it comes to graphics. As of PS CS4, the Windows interface is noticeably nicer, like the separate menu bars on the mac, tabs not enabled by default, and tons of such things -- and not having a 64 bit version either! And since they both use the same generic Intel hardware, you can buy/build a significantly better/faster machine for the same price as the Mac. Its quicktime authoring edge has disappeared too, since pretty much everybody has moved on to flash video and the like these days. The Mac loses all-around here.

Edited by crahak