nLite reports many errors with updates from CTUpdate

Kingbeezz

Hi all,

I have downloaded all the hotfixes, patches and SP3 with CTupdate.

With nLite I have tried to slipstream a cd/dvd with my original

Windows Xp Home Sp1 cd (dutch). Everything went fine. But then I

received all kinds of errors when nLite tried to include the patches

and hotfixes like:

-Hotfix isn't made for windows version

kb810217

kb824151

kb841533

kb873376

kb952069

-Hotfix integration failed

kb892944

kb941644

kb942830

kb942831

kb943485

kb948881

kb950749

-Command line

option syntax error, type command/? for Help and this is not expected

type of hotfix (for example kb931906, Capicom 2.1.0.2 and f.e. directx runtime for august 2008). This goes on for ages.

-And errors with for example Microsfot Net framwrok 1.1 sp1 (kb867460), I get a popup with options like:

/?

/I

/Q

/:logfile

/Ld

/Lp

/Lf

/XP[.path]

Press ok

-An error with Windows installer (kb917283-x86 and 922770-x86)

This goes on for ages.

So I have cancelled it halfway.

I have included the patches/hotfixes from the following folders of CTUpdate:

wxp->glb and nld and win->glb and nld. Is that correct or have

included the wrong files? What have I done wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Kingbeezz, this is the first time I have heard of CTupdate, so I have no idea what is going on. Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini, make sure you are not running nLite more than once against the same source and integrate only one SP. Always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and do all your work in one nLite session. Enjoy, John.

CTUpdate downloads all the patches and hotfixes for offline updating the computer (more info here: http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/offlineupd...wnload_uk.shtml). Normally it creates an ISO which you can burn, but I deactivated this. This cd will automatically install all patches without the need to download them again and again when you need to update more than one pc.

I have run nLite once. And only downloaded SP3. I'm not sure if all those patches and fixes also have SP2 files in them. As far as I know they don't, it wouldn't make sense.

Ofcourse it has downloaded the dutch patches.

Here are the two Last session ini files:

Edited by Kingbeezz

Kingbeezz, you attached Last Session_U.ini not Last Session.ini. You should not attach the _u.ini files - contain private info and you should remove these. If you don't know if these update packs contain hot fixes before SP3, then you need to find out. If they do, then that could well be your problem. Enjoy, John.

Ok, thanks! I will try to find out. So I need to upload the two Last session.ini files? These are the ones that contain a lot of information, the _u.ini files don't. There is no cdkey and the only info I could find was users information with True/False stuff. Have I been in any danger?

Kingbeezz, your _u.ini did not have any really private info. Mine has the key, my computer name and user accounts. Please attach only your latest Last Session.ini. It will be found in your source folder after you run nLite. Enjoy, John.

You have various updates here. The one you need and a lot of that you don't need. If you want to create fully updated XP SP3 CD, go here and download that pack and slipstream it via nlite. Use Hotfix page in nLite to add it.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: Ups, I forgot that you need for Dutch language. Maybe you can find some on forum I linked, or somewhere else.

Edited by mara-

Kingbeezz, perhaps the Update Pack would be the best route for you if you can find one in Dutch. I don't use Update Packs, so I know little about them. It looks like you have included updates to IE7 but not IE7 itself. It is not in SP3 and needs to be included before any updates to it. I am confused by the hot fixes for ie6 and oe6 and all the hot fixes with W2000 in them. I counted over 150 hot fixes, and I don't think there are near that many after SP3. Good luck, John.

Thanks for the help so far. Someone on the CTupdate forum suggested that I should slipstream SP3 first and after that the hotfixes. But I'm confused also about those hotfixes.

In the meantime I also will look for an dutch update. I will let you know if it helped but it will take a few days.

Kingbeezz, you definitely want to apply SP3 first, then add only the post SP3 hot fixes. Always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

• 2 weeks later...