Gigabyte Silent Pipe II Cooling Tech

spacesurfer

I read about Gigabyte's Silent Pipe II cooling tech in GA-EP45-UD3P. I understand it works like a refrigerator to keep the mobo cool.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew if the CPU still requires the traditional heat sink + fan or something else is required.

Edited by spacesurfer

A little bit of fairy dust and the CPU cools itself. Be sure to turn at the second star to the right on your way to pick up the motherboard.

What's with the sarcasm?

I didn't ask if CPU needs to be cooled. If you read carefully, you would realize I'm asking what is required - a heatsink or something else I don't know about...

However, I was wondering if anyone knew if the CPU still requires the traditional heat sink + fan or something else is required.
I didn't ask if CPU needs to be cooled. If you read carefully, you would realize I'm asking what is required - a heatsink or something else I don't know about...

Whilst I agree the sarcasm is a little over the top (expect that from jcarle), you do appear to be asking if the CPU needs to be cooled.

I re-read your question and still understand it as being the same as before.

Perhaps a better way to word your question if I try to guess what you meant would have been something like:

"Is this motherboard still compatible with traditional CPU fans/heatsinks or does it require a special CPU fan/heatsink?"