$oem$ doesnt work from partition

hello friends

i want to install xp unattended from E:\ partition. but $oem$ folder doesn't work. :( i searched throug the forum but no change. below are my install.cmd and folder structer. and winnt.sif which is created by winnt32.exe at c:\.

and i beg for you help. i installed windows 13 times at vmware6 changing winnt.sif or place of $oem$ folder. pls help me. i cant go on further about my project without solving this issue. please please..

_________________install.cmd_________________

SET CDROM=%~d0

%CDROM%\i386\winnt32.exe /syspart:c: /tempdrive:C /unattend:"%CDROM%\i386\winnt.sif"

/makelocalsource

E:\

-i386

-$oem$

--------winnt.sif---------------

[data]

msdosinitiated="1"

floppyless="1"

AutoPartition="0"

UseSignatures="yes"

InstallDir="\WINDOWS"

EulaComplete="1"

winntupgrade="no"

win9xupgrade="no"

Win32Ver="a280105"

uniqueid="C:\WINDOWS\DDA"

OriSrc="E:\"

OriTyp="3"

unattendswitch=yes

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes ; if you are using the $OEM$ Distribution Folders then it needs to be set to Yes. Setup copies the subfolders and files contained in the \platform\$oem$ folder.

UnattendSwitch="yes" ;instructs Windows XP Setup to skip the "Welcome to Windows XP" screens, where user account and Internet setting-up takes place.

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

OemFilesPath="%CDROM%\$oem$" ;OemFilesPath, as some of you know, in win2k and above there's a bug that causes the $OEM$ folder to not be copied. Because of this the $OEM$ folder might need to be under the i386 folder, or parallel to the i386 folder. Using this command makes the bug mute, since you're telling setup where the $OEM$ folder is.

WaitForReboot=No

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_cpu;Drivers\001_cpu1;Drivers\002_PCI;Drivers\003_networke;Drivers\004_networke1;Drivers\005_networkc;Drivers\006_networkc1;Drivers\007_monitor;Drivers\008_monitors;Drivers\009_wireless;Drivers\010_audio;Drivers\011_mouse" ;The folders must contain all the files necessary to install the particular devices: catalog files, .inf files, and drivers. [Dependency OEMPreinstall = Yes]

KeyboardLayout="Turkish Q" ;By setting your Keyboard Layout, this prevents the Language icon appearing on the taskbar when you've logged on. Specifies the type of keyboard layout to install during text-mode Setup.

Hibernation=Yes

unused=unused

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

AutoLogon=Yes

AutoLogonCount=1

OEMSkipRegional=1 ;This option when set to 0 will show the regional screen, if set to 1 then it will skip the screen.

TimeZone=130

OemSkipWelcome=1 ;If OemPreinstall is on Yes then this option should be set to 1

-------------------------only related parts are shown-----------------------------------------

hi friends

i know how helpfull people you are but this question has been without answer. so i think the problem is about my way of asking question. can you tell me please what is missing at my question ? at least you can show me a link or a way to start from.

thanks in advance.

OemFilesPath="%CDROM%\$oem$" ;OemFilesPath, as some of you know, in win2k and above there's a bug that causes the $OEM$ folder to not be copied. Because of this the $OEM$ folder might need to be under the i386 folder, or parallel to the i386 folder. Using this command makes the bug mute, since you're telling setup where the $OEM$ folder is.

Hi darksimoon,

The behavior is documented by Microsoft so it is by design.

The %CDROM% variable may not work in your answer file. I would just try using OemFilesPath="\$OEM$".

To install XP from your HD or partition and have the OEM folder work, you have to place the OEM folder

inside the i386 folder.

The cmd script inside your source folder

echo off
start i386\winnt32.exe /noreboot /tempdrive:E: /unattend:winnt.sif

The Cmd outside of the source folder

echo off
start E:\SOURCE_FOLDER_NAME\i386\winnt32.exe /noreboot /tempdrive:E: /unattend:winnt.sif