trouble print screen from ms dos program

cdrey

I am a dosimetrist in a radiation therapy dept. I say that to let you all know i know nothing about computers but i need your help. I am using a ms dos based treatment planning system It runs on windows 98. Recently the programmer rewrote code to make upgrades. In doing so the print screen capability in the program ( not with the keyboard button) was disabled inadvertently. Until such time as he can fix the upgrade i cannot do screen captures. I did try the shft+prnt scrn and at least the printer responded but output was a checkerboard nothing like what was on the screen. Could someone explain to me how to save the image to a file that i could save to a floppy and then take that to another computer to paste into paint and print etc. Thank you for your patience.... Carol

When in the program it is as if all of windows does not exist-it seems to be that dos takes over. The program can be launched directly from dos or from a desktop icon but alll windows funtionality are null

Hey i am thinking you may be onto something- i tried the windows key+d and the alt + tab those worked--i am in the middle of planning and can't go further yet.............but as soon as i can i will try and get back to you--either way i truly appreciate your suggestions. Carol