Cab compression method?

ZileXa

I modified ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlpa.exe, now I want to place the first in I386 folder (the second isn't located in that folder) and both of them in the DRIVER.CAB file. I extract this cabinet file, overwrite the two files with the modified ones and use Cab file maker to create the cab file. But the original cab file was a lot smaller! What compression method does NLite use to recompress the cab file?

original was 50MB and my version is 86MB. While the modified files are smaller then the original files. :S

Edited by ZileXa

Thanks, I am used to makecab, don't know cabarc.exe. But it's nice to see you don't need Cab file maker.

But actually I shouldn't have created this topic. I noticed the ddf file got overwritten, compression method was set back to default mszip instead of LZX.

So moderators can close/remove this topic. Sorry.

Edited by ZileXa

Im only skilled in coffeshop dutch B) , did you ask

why swap the ntoskrnl on your machine?

or

what did you swap in the ntoskrnl on your machine?

because i would be much obliged if you could answer the latter in english.

I modified my bootscreen with Reshacker... but I recommend you use Bootpatcher to do that automatically. I can't give the link, its a forum and the forum seems down.

I also used that tool and afterwards I edited Ntoskrnl to remove the copyright sentence on the bootscreen.

Sorry the tool I use is in the signature of the first post of this Dutch topic:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...&highlight=

Don't use it for other languages since the ntoskrnl is language dependant. But there are other tools you can use to change your bootscreen.

My boot screen looks like this one:

http://www.haztek-software.com/bl3nd/wp-co...ot_screen_1.gif

But with blue progress bar instead of green. And without the © ms corp text. So completely black with progress.