Stuff missing after install

Oho

When I install XP SP-3 from an nLite modified source, I get an error message about ICFGNT.DLL (see attached JPG) during the Final Tasks portion of Setup. When the system reboots, There is no desktop background, none of the standard web backgrounds are available, and about half of my Start Menu items are missing.

I've tried dozens of combinations of settings and tweaks, renaming or not renaming the Administrator account, loading or deleting OOBE, and having OOBE enabled or disabled. The error message mentions Internet Connection Wizard, which I have not deleted or disabled.

The ICW error message doesn't always appear, but the other symptoms do. Also, it's not that I care that much about desktop backgrounds, it's just a consistent symptom. And, yes, I'm starting from an OEM Windows XP Pro x32 source each time.

I'm perplexed, to say the least. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Oho

post-190755-1228167420_thumb.jpg

Last_Session.ini

Edited by Oho

Oho, my wild guess is that you have run nLite against your source more that once. This often leads to really weird symptoms such as yours. You should always start with a fresh copy of your source files/folders and do all your work in one nLite session. If you have done this, try making an ISO from your fresh source with NO modification and see if that works. Enjoy, John.