WINDOWS 95 HELP NEEDED

ImEatingSeeds

Hey all, I got a system here, a Toshiba Satellite 330CDT.

It came with windows 95 natively installed, and I had to reformat and reinstall. BUT, I ran into a massive problem because it can't seem to load the drivers it needs for its PCMCIA Card Controller. I'm in pretty deep trouble because the primary function this laptop serves can only be served if its PCMCIA slots work.

I really need some help here. My job is kind of riding on this.

Anybody be able to point me in the direction of some drivers or work arounds? ANYTHING, pleaseeee.

Here's a link to everything Toshiba has on their website regarding this model.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks guys!

It came with windows 95 natively installed... it can't seem to load the drivers it needs for its PCMCIA Card Controller.
If I remember right, you have to install CardWizard 95 (for Win95) or CardWizard Pro (for Win 3.x and DOS 6), otherwise the laptop won't recognize PCMCIA cards under these operating systems. This old laptop probably will not work with more recent Cardbus cards. CardWizard may be on the driver CD of the laptop; it may also be on floppies which came with PCMCIA cards such as the Adaptec SCSI PCMCIA card. Edited by Multibooter

The CardWizzard is necesary to use PCMCIA cards in DOS. The Windows 95 OSR2 is able to use PCMCIA without additional software. However the correct drivers could be necesary.

The CardWizzard integrates DOS and Windows PCMCIA support. Without need for DOS support the Windows 95 should do on it's own.

I do have a Satellite Pro 460CDT. It does not support Card Bus. The Cards Bus cards are not detected, simply. In case of plin PCMCIA none Card Bus cards Windows 95 detects them and prompts for drivers, when necesary.

Edited by Sfor