RunOnceEx Selection

First of all, let me say that this is a wonderful utility. I have only tested it once so far, but already liking the way it looks and what it does.

However, there is a question of which I have not been able to find the answer.

At the moment, in my UAXP install, at T13 I get a dialog box that prompts me for username/password/computer info, etc. Then a utility runs that lets me select registry tweaks to apply and then it runs the application selector.

Setup continues and at first boot (RunOnceEx), applications are installed.

I would like to know if this is possible with WPI as well? I have searched the forums and the manual (and Google), but haven't been able to find if this is possible.

Another little thing I've run into (but that's prob a misconfig on my end): Applications are sorted alphabetically in WPI, not by install order, which seems more logical to me. They do install in Install order, but I would like to have them show up at the install order as well.

Once again: I like the utility and if you need more information, let me know. :)

Regards,

Ben

OK for #1 You can run WPI Both at svcpack AND Runonce.

So have WPI call those apps that you are setting your Users and such with at svcapck and then have it run normally at runonce.

You can setup 2 config files for this and use the built in WPI switches for that.

The sorting order = Deselect "sort withing categories and see if thats what you are looking for.

Thanks for the answers Kel :)

So it's not possible to select the programs to install @T13? (Basically: WPI runs, you select programs, it writes the selections to a config file, it runs at first logon and installs all selected programs).

Too bad, but oh well, was gonna change stuff around anyway, so no biggie. Just have to wait a bit longer before hitting the drinks when installing a PC :P

The switches you are talking about can be found on the WPI site?

Deselecting the "Sort within categories" doesn't do anything. Might have to try switching around my config file, as that is now sorted alphabetically as well.

So for instance, I now see:

• Classic Menu for Office 2007 (install order: 510)
  • Office 2007 (install order: 501)

Which doesn't make sense, as Classic menu is a dependency of Office, so it would make more sense to have it underneath it. They do install in the order set, so that is good.

Must add that I did see this thread of mritter, which seems to discuss my "problem" as well.

So hopefully this will be fixed in the next version :)

Again: really like WPI, also in the process of starting to use it for my Vista DVD (although that needs a whole lot of more work...)

Keep up the great work :):thumbup

Update: Shuffling stuff around in my config.js and deselecting "Sort withing Categories" worked.

(It also helps to actually change the stuff in the relevant folder :P).

Is there a "Feature Request page"? B/c I would like to add "ordering applications in WPI Config". Via up/down arrows or sth would be good enough for me.

Saves me (and others) from going into the config.js.

Thanks again :)