XP64 system crashes during nLite operation

oao

During the integration of .NET Frame 2.0 the system rebooted. There was no error message and as far as I can tell nLite does not keep a log so I cannot tell the exact task it was doing.

Any ideas?

If I try a 3rd time is there anyway that I can generate a log that can trace the tasks?

oao,

You need to turn off Automatically Restart: Right click My Computer-click Advanced Tab-Click Startup and Recovery-Click Settings-Uncheck Automatically Restart.

This will cause you to be able to see the BSOD. Please post the Stop code here. You will have to reset out of this. You probably have mini dumps from all your crashes but they are little fun to read. You should look in your System Log for any logged errors.

I also run XP x64 and have not seen any crashes I thought came from nLite. I did see several with VMware Server and I had to increase my Core Voltage to get rid of them. You might consider testing your hardware with Memtest86 and/or Prime95 (torture test).

I assume you are running the latest nLite.

Good luck, John.

Thanks.

That auto restart is NOT checked.

I retried the slipstreaming and monitored the tasks and apparently nLite choked on the SP1 of net frame 2. I forgot that the net frame install already contained 3.5 so my guess is it would not apply SP1 to a prior version.

But it should not have rebooted the 1st time. That's why I think a log file would be useful.