Size of vLite's ISO

toylet

it's a limitation of the ISO file system. The UDF filesystem DOES allow larger files sizes.

but i think we may be speaking of two different things:

* are we speaking of the limit of the files within the ISO or the size of the ISO file size itself?

i'm speaking of the files within the ISO and i'm not sure if that's related to the ISO file size limit.

i was trying to burn a HD movie rip that was > 2 gb (it was actually 8 gb) and it told me the ISO file system does not allow, i'd have to burn it as UDF, which i did. and I'm sure if i can burn a 8 gb file, then i should be able to capture an image of that so

you would have to capture or create your cd as an UDF ISO image.

So how would you do that?

I haven't done this my self but you need to use something like UltraISO that can create UDF images, then start with your original ISO, then delete everything out (keeping the boot sector intact), then drag and drop your vlited folder, then save as a UDF image. This will ensure the DVD is bootable since you only removed files and not the boot sector.

The point is, you have to create it on your own with the boot sector intact.

Edited by spacesurfer

it's a limitation of the ISO file system. The UDF filesystem DOES allow larger files sizes.

I haven't done this my self but you need to use something like UltraISO that can create UDF images, then start with your original ISO, then delete everything out (keeping the boot sector intact), then drag and drop your vlited folder, then save as a UDF image. This will ensure the DVD is bootable since you only removed files and not the boot sector.

So the vLite folder is exactly the content of the DVD image, except the boot loader!

It would be great if vLite could Create a UDF image directly... Right now, it only exports ISO... :)

Edited by toylet