windows xp pro log on

alanm101

Hi All

Would someone nice and understanding after being on a long day at work be able to help?

It’s a bit of a two part question;

The first is the sequence a user logs on to a windows domain from Ctl-alt-del to the desk top ready and waiting, by this I mean the loading processes. ie ctl-alt-del and the next stages it goes through the user setup.

The second part I need is, is there some way of recording the processes for the above as it goes through, so I can see the actual timings and what is loading and what is not loading correctly as a user logs on.

alanm101

well im not sure if you can record acutal processing steps that its taking while trying to logon to a domain.. but then again i am pretty tired and cant think straight lol. are you having problems logging on or you trying to learn more about the process itself?

The things that are loaded can be seen in MSCONFIG both under startup and services tab. Also items in the registry, such as the RUN key. Usually failures will get logged in Event Viewer, or you can create an Audit Policy to report failures to the Security log as well.