Removed Windows components prevents installation of software

quinriva

I am attempting to install the drivers/software for my new Bluetooth USB dongle. When I run the setup, it proceeds to install the drivers for COM Ports, Keyboards, Headsets, etc., but when it gets up to modems the installer says that it fails.

I believe this issue results from the fact that I removed Modem support when I built my current Windows version (I used nlite, and stripped out modem support). I have no need for dialup modems, Bluetooth or otherwise, but the installer refuse to complete the installation without installing the modem drivers (clicking on the 'OK' box after the error message simply removes everything that has already been installed).

Does anyone know how I can install the other components without installing the modem drivers?

The version I am using is Bluesoleil v2.7.0.13 VoIP release 071227.

The dongle is a Laser Class I/Class II Bluetooth V2.0+EDR (model number AO-USBBD02)

http://www.laserco.net/pc_acc/pc_acc/AO-USBBD02.htm#

Thanks for any help.

The absolutely first thing i would try would be to make the same windows cd AGAIN, but dont remove ANYTHING, now unless you didnt add any new drivers or such to it, u can make it very fast just use standard windows install media.

Then extract driver.cab and or sp2.cab or sp3 if u have that, i dont know what u have so.. Then try to see if u can find the files from there.

I believe you can copy modem files back in, these are named mdm* , there's a whole bunch of them.