Error on Page

Evanhoe

Im sorry Evan that i cant figure this out for you :(

Hi Dude,

That's alright,you gave it your best shot,and I really appreciate your effort.Thanks.I think I might reinstall Win 98 when I have time.This might solve this problem!

"Doctor, it hurts when i poke myself in the eye!"

maybe months ago it did work. But within that time the site has probably had a software update. Its something people do, it helps keeps things running smoothly, ensures your software stays supported, maintains security, and also means new features here and there. Thats probably why it now "doesent work"

There is no magic fix that will enable your old out of date operating system, and old browser, to run modern code. No more than there is a magic fix to make my old PII machine in the attic be able to run 64bit Vista.

Nobody would ever upgrade if this where possible.

Face up to it, upgrade, or sit there complaining that it doesent work! You could always go and ask microsoft for help, ooops, no wait - your OS is no longer supported, jee... do you think someones trying to tell you something here?

i dont see a better way of getting the point across, short of a chisel.

At some point, you simply HAVE to upgrade, like it or not. do you think that now is possibly a good time? this kind of thing will only get worse and happen more frequently, take a trip to your local PC store and look at software requirements - just about everything will say windows XP minimum.

Yes, to install windows 2000 would require you to get a windows 2000 License, but you can pick that up for very small change on the magical land of ebay. Are either of you full time students? if so you could get hold of server 2008 or 2003 (not for your wifes machine obviously) for FREE:

http://channel8.msdn.com/

https://www.dreamspark.com/

I couldnt possibly suggest to you what to do with your windows xp license after installing server 2003 on your own pc. If its OEM xp, you might not be able to do so, but short of buying you a new pc myself i dont know how else to solve this for you. And im all out of buying people new computers this month, those pesky African children bled me dry.

Edited by FthrJACK

HI FthrJACK,

QUOTE:"Doctor, it hurts when i poke myself in the eye!"That's a nono for sure.....

Quote:maybe months ago it did work. But within that time the site has probably had a software update. Its something people do, it helps keeps things running smoothly, ensures your software stays supported, maintains security, and also means new features here and there. Thats probably why it now "doesent work.

A:I suspected that this might be the case!

Quote:just about everything will say windows XP minim....Oh,I don't know about that,since we Download Free Apps,and in about 80% of the time it works on our Win 98 puter!

Quote:Are either of you full time students? if so you could get hold of server 2008 or 2003 (not for your wifes machine obviously) for FREE:

A:Not presently,Were both retirees.

Quote:And im all out of buying people new computers this month.Oh what a pity,we might next month (smile)

You must be one heck of a typist to go to the trouble of providing all that useful info!

In any case,I thought this case was closed after my last post addressed to Dude!

Thanks again for your help,it was fun...I think!!

Van