HELP ! - NLite & XP x64 SP1 ..... got me stumped !

benifin

Hi all

This has me beat.

I am doing a XP x64 SP1 strip with the latest NLite. Am using the same settings I have in the past [which have worked before] but it seems no matter what I do this time I get the following error - it arises during the install blue installation phase ie: the CD boots, begins the install and then tries to start Windows and then without fail, the screen remains blue and I get the following error in white text:-

STOP: c0000221 UNKNOWN HARD ERROR

\ SystemRoot \ System32 \ ntdll.dll

I’ve checked the CD and the “ ntdll.dll “ file is on my Nlite’d CD.

Any thoughts / suggestions ?

The ONLY thing I have done differently this time, is that before, my original SOURCE XP x64 SP1 files were copied to my hard disk directly from the original CD.

To save space, recently I made an .ISO file of my original SOURCE XP x64 SP1 CD. Now when I need it, I just de-compress the ISO with UltraISO and then begin Nlit'ing it ……..could this be a potential problem ?

Many thanks,

Ben

benifin,

Are you nLiteing under XP x64? I assume so. I don't know anything about

de-compress the ISO with UltraISO
, but I assume it should not harm any files. I would compare the hashes of the file in your nLited source folder with the one on your XP x64 computer and the file on the original CD. This should give you a hint where the problem is.

I am running XP x64 SP2 and latest updates. My ntdll.dll hashes:MD5 7A4C6C138DE95E58D8A9B4942646D0CC, SHA-1 5C789D8E0848E2178EF07BCB42F859C61E766C6B. These are the same as the one in my AMD64 folder of my nLited source.

Good luck, John.