[Release] Universal Extractor 1.6.1

Geej

Universal Extractor 1.6.1

Homepage - by Jared Breland

Changelog

Quote from the author:Universal Extractor is a program do to exactly what it says: extract files from any type of archive, whether it's a simple zip file, an installation program, or even a Windows Installer (.msi) package. This is still a work in progress (see details below), but so far it's proven quite useful and I feel others can also benefit from it.

I should stress that this application is not intended to be a general purpose archiving program. It will never replace WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc. What it will do is allow you to extract files from virtually any type of archive, regardless of source, compression method, etc. The original motivation behind this project was that I wanted an easy, convenient way to extract files from installation packages, such as Inno Setup or Windows Installer packages, without pulling up a command line every time. In the process I got a little carried away and ended up throwing in support for every kind of archive format I possibly could find.

Install with all default settings with ONLY 1 "Uniextract to Subdir" context menu. In addition, no shortcut on desktop & quicklaunch.

All unnecessary languages will be deleted. Note: English.ini will not be deleted.

Screenshot: 1 Context menu only

universalextcontextmenuwb2.png

coolmediafirelogo.png

UniExtract161Intl_addon.cab

Size: 5.48 Mb (5,748,044 bytes)

MD5: 90A3ACFA167BC2966EAFA833AA8335D9

Uninstallable: Yes

Edited by Geej

• 1 year later...