Question regarding vlite and Kaspersky

aaroe

Hi there all.

I have a few questions which I hope someone out there can clarify a bit for me.

To start with the beginning, today I made a new Vista x64 with SP1 slipstreamed with my drivers integrated and some components removed which I don't need. I've encountered some problems earlier with the reboot loop after slipstreaming SP1 so I did as recommended and deleted the pending.xml file in install.wim. Everything seemed ok, my Vista installed perfectly and booted up just as it was supposed to do, ready to use with my drivers already installed - sweet.

Being given a license key to Kaspersky from where I work, that's my preferred security suite to use, so while not having the computer connected to the internet yet, I began the installation of Kaspersky. Also this went as I hoped for and after ended installation I was prompted for a reboot. And this is where it began to go wrong. The second the Vista loading thingy appeared on my screen an BSOD appeared with no detailed description other than it recommended me to do a chkdsk. This happened no matter what I tried and I then gave up and hoped it was bad luck and did yet another reinstallation of my vlited Vista. Again, everything went fine and I booted up in Vista. Before doing anything I did a chkdsk which came up clean - no damaged sectors or anything. I then again proceeded to install Kaspersky and anxiously feared the BSOD at my first reboot after the Kaspersky installation. And yes, there it was once more, but this time I was given the choice to boot up in the configuration which was last known to work. I tried that I got a working Vista popping up but with Kaspersky notifying me that alsmost all it's security features couldn't be started. Here is the list and status messages from Kaspersky:

- Anti-Hacker, failed.

- Anti-Spam, failed.

- Anti-Spy, partially running.

- Proactive Defense, failed.

- File Anti-Virus, failed (initialization error).

- Mail Anti-Virus, failed.

- Web Anti-Virus, partially running.

Ok, s*** I thought, but at least my computer seemed somewhat working. I attempted to run an update on Kaspersky hoping that would resolve the problem. It didn't. After an full update and a reboot Kaspersky still reports the same problems. My only thought is that it must be because Kaspersky and it's components are dependant on some of the things I've removed from Vista with vLite. Though I have no idea of what exactly. I know that its a vague remark but I usually don't touch anything I have the least suspicion of being critical or needed by any of the applications I regularly use. So what I would like to use, is if any of you guys out there know of any components which are crucial for Kaspersky to work? Sadly I don't have my settings from the vlite I used anymore but I hope that anyone might be able to provide some feedback anyways :)

I'd like to create a new vlited Vista but with the changes to make Kaspersky work as intended. Any feedback will be most appreciated.

Kind regards

Christian Aarø Rasmussen

I'm not sure what you mean about the event log, but I stumbled across the "Last Session.ini" on my vlited Vista disc - this is what it contained. Hope it can be of some kind of help.

Kind regards

Christian Aarø Rasmussen