Windows Easy Transfer Companion mirror?

Guest Stiletto

Guest Stiletto

Hey all,

I've been searching for hours for the Windows Easy Transfer Companion. Microsoft took it down (it was beta, it's apparently not compatible with XP SP3 or Vista SP1, it may be back for Windows 7, rumors are it may be getting updated currently). All sites that mention it for download linked straight to Microsoft. I hate to use Bittorrent to find what I need, and it's only several MBs. Can anyone put up a temporary mirror, or maybe more of a permanent one? I still have XP SP2 machines and Vista no-SPs to work on.

(first post BTW)

- Stiletto

I'm pretty sure it's been effectively killed off at this point and moved into Win7 (if it still exists anywhere at all). The beta was available for over 18 months before it was pulled over the summer, and I never saw any updates to it in that time. So, either it's totally dead, or, it's part of a future version of Windows (just guesses). But, after spending some time trawling, unless a user here has it and they can give it to you, it's gone from the (easily searchable portion of the) web for now.

Guest Stiletto

Finally found it. ****, what a chore this was.

xxx

- Stiletto

Edited by cluberti
Link removed. Posting virus-infected links.

Funny - CA eTrust, Microsoft Live OneCare, Kapersky, AntiVir, BitDefender, F-Secure, Panda, and NOD32 *all* find a virus in the .rar file linked.

Virustotal.com says it's a trojan virus as well. Removing the link, banning. You don't have enough posts for me to think this wasn't malicious in nature.