Assistance with a program..

Dude111

I found this program last year,its a VOIP program and i have no idea how it uses the ports to connect!!

www.voiperized.com

When i check netstat,etc THERE IS NOTHING LISTED AS ACTIVE!! (Even when connected)

I have LIVECBRADIO added to my list and when i connect to "LIVECBRADIO" there are others there also listening and talking .... THEY ALL DROP OFF!! (Time out) (Leaving me with LIVECBRADIO (And then i cant hear them anymore (The ones that drop off)))

I think my computer is closing the connection to these other people because IT DOESNT SEE IT AS A VALID END POINT..... (Netstat sure doesnt) If i connect directly to another user that is connected to LIVECBRADIO,then they stay added with 'livecbradio'...... (Even though netstat still says there isnt a connection)

Its very strange and interesting how this program connects WITHOUT SHOWING IN NETSTAT!!

Can anyone figure this out?? (hehe) Or figure out a way to make all connections stay when connecting?? (On Win98/98se)

Edited by Dude111

• 2 months later...

I think i may have figured this out!

I added my computer to my cable modem "DMZ" zone and started VOIPERIZED... I saw 7 people there,i quickly added them all to my contact list.... They all dropped.... I clicked "frank" and he reconnected AND ALL OTHERS ALSO DID!! (THAT WERE CONNECTED TO HIM)

I think all this time my cable modem firewall has been the issue.... When i disable it and only use my LOCAL firewall,it seems to work.... (I have to click on the username first though,otherwise the firewall sees it as an UNSOLICITED CONNECTION and drops it)

If i could authorize ALL UDP INBOUND REQUESTS WHEN I WAS RUNNING VOIP IT WOULD BE NICE,but the requests come in on all different ports so its not that easy.....