Problem producing the nLited xp64 CD

oao

I ran into a problem producing the CD.

I have nLited the xp64 CD on my old win2K laptop. The CD is intended for downgrading my new laptop from Vista 64 to XP64.

The problem is that my CD drive on the old laptop seems to burn faulty XP64 CDs and my new laptop does not boot from them. I already wasted 3 CD's this way.

I thought of producing the CD on my new laptop, but when I try to install nLite of it, Vista 64 says it's not a compatible program.

I know there is a vLite version for Vista. Will it install and work on Vista 64 and can I use it to produce the XP64 CD? If not, can it be done on a Vista 32 system?

Thanks.

Will your old laptop boot off your nLited CD?

Will your new laptop boot off an original XP x64 CD?

If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then you may be integrating an incorrect mass storage driver (had a similar problem, drove me nuts till I figured it out).

It integrated the correct Intel Storage Matrix. When I did it without it, there was booting and there was an error: no recognition of the HD.

I wrote another CD on my old laptop and I noticed this time that nLite reported a verification failure.

I managed to install nLite on another Vista 32 computer and wrote the CD there and verification was successful.

The new laptop booted and seemed OK.

Seemingly, but there is a workaround -- I did it before and it works. There is a thread somewhere around here thatdiscusses it. If you search by oao you'll find it.

The problem seems to be the writing by my old computer.