"Missing CD ID files or OS unsupported"

angus203

I have the same problem, and I have double (if not triple!) checked and the Win51ic file does not exist on my DVD. (I have Windows Explorer set to see all hidden and system files so it doesn't miss anything)

In fact to start with the new Asus recovery DVD had an I386 folder and also an i386XP folder. To get nLite to recognise it as a valid source I had to rename the I386 folder (as I386old) and rename the i386XP folder as simply i386.

Then when I start nLite and point it at the copy of ALL the files that I have taken from my DVD to my Hard Drive, nLite pops up a warning saying that the "CD ident file not detected! Make sure you copied it from the original CD (and all root files)" and then it goes on "You can copy it now without restarting nLite" and "Copy win51ic to C:\Asus_XP_Source\" with an OK button. When I click OK - nLite appears to carry on and it does identify my copy of Windows XP Home, although without any service packs, and appears to be working - although I haven't yet had a chance to actually try the ISO it has produced to see if it works.

My DVD source file is a very new Windows XP (supposedly withwith SP3 integrated) from my new Asus EEE 901. I guess Microsoft have changed something in the latest versions or Asus have done something with their copy.

Certainly not all source CD or DVDs have the win51* file that nLite expects so it's not just a simple matter of missing something during the copy process.

I don't know what the problems are for either of you. But, there are multiple topics about using Recovery disks as input to nLite and there are also several topics about nLiteing ISOs for the EEE. I suggest you take a look at these if you are still having problems.

Enjoy, John.

I'm sure the problem is that Microsoft or Asus have changed the layout and files on their support CD so none of the previous methods now work. nLite doesnt correctly recognise the DVD source files.

I tried the CD that nLite produced but after asking me the usual question about pressing F6 to load a RAID driver it just offered a blue screen asking me to "Insert the Windows XP Home Service pack 3 source CD in Drive A"

I will attach a screen shot of the DVD file layout if anybody has any ideas how I might get it to work I'd really appreciate it...

post-214326-1224019040_thumb.jpg