Missing wmdrmsdk.dll & oobe fix

Hello everybody!

I'd like to share with you a few remarks regarding my XP installation. I have a laptop and two desktops, two with XP home and 1 with pro. I created 3 different unattended installation cds from the original cds that came with each of my computer. I manually integrated sp3, all the hotfixes and used runonceex to silently install many apps and drivers. All of them had the same problem, wmdrmsdk.dll missing box and the most important, oobe didn't start at all and didn't create any users (in home I had only the owner user and in pro administrator). I also noticed that xp didn't function well from the very first day after format.

Now I created a new cd but I omitted the windows media patches (KB941569, KB939683, KB936782, KB929399) and everything went perfect! Maybe the problem was that I don't slipstream wmp11, I just run it silently from runonceex I don't know.

All your comments are welcome!

Regards,

Peter

Well, i think kb936782 is outdated anyway. As for the other KB's i integrate them and have no such error message. I only get that error message if i remove that .dll file and then rerun the wmp inf file (insert whats its filename here) that is run when creating new user and logging in as that. Which only makes sense.

So i'm not sure what your point is, but good that it is working for you.