RunOnceCmd advice

:hello:

I have a question on setting up my RunOnceCmd file. for my unattended install cd/dvd. This is the location of all the items I wish to have RunOnce install:E:\XP Pro SP3 Upd WMP11 + XPize\$OEM$\$Progs. This folder consists of 20 programs I made into 7.Z Switchless installers (all work as they have been tested) This is what I have so far

cmdow @ /HID
@Echo Off

SET PP=%SystemDrive%\Install\

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Programs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\009 /VE /D "7Zip" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\009 /V 1 /D "%PP%7Zip.exe -y /q /r:n" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\019 /VE /D "WinXP Image Resizer Power Toy" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\019 /V 1 /D "%PP%ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe /s /v/qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\029 /VE /D "dotNetFx35setup.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\029 /V 1 /D "%PP%dotNetFx35setup.exe /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\039 /VE /D "TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\039 /V 1 /D "%PP%TweakUiPowertoySetup.ex /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\049 /VE /D "McAfee Security" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\049 /V 1 /D "%PP%DMSetup-Serial.exe /silent /noreboot /NO_UI" /f

EXIT

This is all I have attempted so far. The above was created with RunOnceEx.cmd Creator. I also will not include this in my cd/dvd disk until I get it working.

The programs do load as I watched them just yesterday do so. It was quite impressive seeing something I created with people like yours help work.

Am I on the right track?

You need to change the `location of all the items I wish to have RunOnce install`. That location means that all the installation software will be copied over to your Program Files directory and ran from there.

Changing the location to "E:\XP Pro SP3 Upd WMP11 + XPize\$OEM$\$1\Install" will match the "%SystemDrive%\Install" location you have SET as variable `PP` in your example script.

You need to change the `location of all the items I wish to have RunOnce install`. That location means that all the installation software will be copied over to your Program Files directory and ran from there.

to Changing the location "E:\XP Pro SP3 Upd WMP11 + XPize\$OEM$\$1\Install" will match the "%SystemDrive%\Install" location you have SET as variable `PP` in your example script.

:hello:

So if I understand correctly the coding is fine. "E:\XP Pro SP3 Upd WMP11 + XPize\$OEM$\$1\Install" is where everything lives on my hard drive. The programs also reside in \$OEM\$1\$progs on the cd/dvd. I should have stated that in the first post.

Edited by ExTruckie

Leave the script as it is!

You don't want to have all the setup files for all your applications copied to %ProgramFiles%; you should put them all into the location I've provided. When you install programs in a live system you don't copy all the installers to the \Program Files directory first, your installed programs go there.

Forget your current CD, you'll need to make another one with the following structure.

\---XP Pro SP3 Upd WMP11 + XPize
+---$OEM$
| \---$1
| \---Install
| 7Zip.exe
| DMSetup-Serial.exe.exe
| dotNetFx35setup.exe
| ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
| TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe
|
\---I386

In your posted script, you have an error, it should say TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe