SOLVED "...file ntfs.sys could not be found..."

geoslake

hi

I got this message at the end of the drivers loading (with the blue blackground at the beginning of the install procedure).

My cd has sp3 integrated, and I already installed it fine, nlited (services removed etc) and all.

BUT this happens after having integrated hte latest ryanvm 1.0.1 update.

Is it possible for this to have generated such error, as it was released post to latest nlite version ?

Or may it be because I changed something, like, burning speed or so ?

I think i followed the guidelines, integrating the ryanvm pack first, then closing nlite.

THEN I restart nLite and start the nlightment.

thanks

Edited by geoslake

when does it occur? during setup ? if so verify that the file is on the cd?

or during bootup?

Please see beginning of my post.

geoslake,

Have you nLited your source more than once? You should always start with a fresh copy of the CD files/folders.

Enjoy, John.

No, this is with a fresh cd.

I will repeat the procedure and check if it is on the iso, but I'm afraid it's packed as .cab or something...

thanks

Ok, I had a look at the windows folder after having integrated Ryan 1.0.1 update pack.

Seems every file there ends up with something like .TT_ or .SY_ so the last letter is "hidden".

But that doesn't happen with those :

KSECDD.SYS

ntfs.sys

Yes, this one (ntfs.sys) has its full extension (.sys i mean) AND is lowercase !!

Could this be the cause ?

Edited by geoslake

• 7 months later...

i have the same problem but how to fix it? I see that Ryan's pack are all in lower cases, and nlite seems don't change them.

But last time when I made the ISO there was no such problem. I don't know why.

Those are CORE setup files, hence why they are uncompressed. (Thatss what the .ex_ means)

I have gotten this issue lately too all you need to do is make that file all in CAPITOLS even the extension.

Setup will then find it.

Try reading through the thread before asking your question again....

Those are CORE setup files, hence why they are uncompressed. (Thatss what the .ex_ means)

I have gotten this issue lately too all you need to do is make that file all in CAPITOLS even the extension.

Setup will then find it.

Try reading through the thread before asking your question again....

I am exactly asking how to "make that file all in CAPITOLS ". I thought nlite should do this.

Since nlite seems to be failing to do this simply browse to your folder after the processing stage and before the .iso stage and rename the file manually...

What is strange to me is that, sometimes it works. I did the same thing on another PC and it did change file names to capital -- or maybe the nlite version is different -- I am not so sure.

• 4 months later...

I was searching for this problem, during install I get,

"ntfs.sys" corrupted

so I am directed here. The solution here is change the files so the names are in capital (upper case). I checked the folder and the file is in Upper Case. So I will put it into lower case and see if it works.

Any other tips?

I am using the lastest nlite, service pak 3 and xables Service pak 3 post updates along with the appropriate AHCI drivers for my Intel D975XBX2. Followed the rest of the advice here to the letter.

Off to try it with lower case.

Ok, obviously this is not possible. Not with nlite, tried it and when I unzipped the .iso to check the file was in Upper Case again. Tried imgburn and same thing, but I may be able to adjust it.