enable hyperlinks in Outlook 2003

nantucketbob

hyperlinks in emails read with Outlook 2003 used to work fine. Today they dont. I get the error message "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions set on this computer...." I installed WinXP SP3 a day or so ago. Trouble with FIrefox (can I mention that here?) version 3 caused me to reinstall verions 2, also yesterday. Help. Thanks.

Although this problem has appeared in many questions, I found none of these questions answered! Strange forum behavior, indeed. In any case, I solved my problem. Apparently it was a Firefox issue. I made IE7 my default browser for a while. Hyperlinks in Outlook 2003 worked fine. Then I switched browsers (tools menu) back to firefox as default, and the hyperlinks in Outlook 2003 work fine. I don't know where I read that it was indeed a firefox issue.

• 3 weeks later...
hyperlinks in emails read with Outlook 2003 used to work fine. Today they dont. I get the error message "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions set on this computer...." I installed WinXP SP3 a day or so ago. Trouble with FIrefox (can I mention that here?) version 3 caused me to reinstall verions 2, also yesterday. Help. Thanks.

I spent 2 long days trying to solve the same problem. I had installed SP3 and upgraded to FF 3 and uninstalled same, reinstalled FF2. I did what you suggested and now hyperlinks work in my Outlook. Thank you so much for sharing your solution.

• 1 year later...