[Solved] Yet Another Sleep Problem Post

spacesurfer

I previously had Windows XP SP2 installed, then installed SP3 over it. I had no sleep issues.

Now, I have clean installed XP SP3 slipstreamed with some updates nlited. I removed some components with nLite; see below.

I'm having problem waking up the display after resuming from sleep.

Only difference in my SP2 install and SP3 install is that in SP2, I didn't install the Intel Chipset Drivers because I had trouble with my USB not working if I did. With SP3, this wasn't a problem so I installed it. All drivers are up-to-date. Even the display drivers are up-to-date.

I've tried checking and unchecking power management for USB devices and still display doesn't come back on.

What else can I do?

My mobo is Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Chipset:

Detected Chipset:  Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset

Chipset Components
Memory Controller:
Intel® 82G33/G31 Memory Controller Hub
I/O Controller:
Intel® 82801IB Intel® I/O Controller Hub (ICH9B) SATA Controller found in IDE mode
Integrated Graphics:
Not Detected or Disabled

What I removed with nLite:

;# Applications #
Accessibility Options
Briefcase
Games
Internet Games
Pinball
Screensavers
;# Drivers #
Display Adapters
Display Adapters (old)
Ethernet (LAN)
IBM PS/2 TrackPoint
IBM ThinkPad
Logitech WingMan
Microsoft SideWinder
Modems
Multifunctional
Portable Audio
Printers
Scanners
Serial Pen Tablet
Sony Jog Dial
Tape drives
and bunch of languages
Toshiba DVD decoder card

Thanks for any help.

Edited by spacesurfer

• 1 month later...

Well, it seems no one took a whack at this one, however, I think I solved my resuming from sleep problem with a BIOS update.

Updating from F4 to F8 version on GA-P35-DS3L seems to have "fixed" two problems: 1) computer monitor coming back from sleep, and 2) a dull bland, long beep that occurs during power on (before the familiar system beep).

However, when resuming from sleep, I still hear the dull, bland long beep. Strange...

• 2 weeks later...

Display Adapters

Display Adapters (old)??

"Might" be the issue maybe theres some, attached file or dll in those that is used?

I would actually guess personally that the problem would be your graphics card drivers. Try a couple of different revisions of them.

You can find nearly EVERY version here = http://www.guru3d.com/

• 1 month later...

Solved!!!

It was the old PSU. Although functional, the PSU was a 20-pin PSU and my mobo is 24-pin. I had 20-pins connected and the other 4 pins were empty. It worked but was causing my resuming from standby problems.

From what I read, the extra 4-pins seem to power the PCIe for graphics cards. Hence, once sleeping, the power supply unit was unable to power the graphics card and resume it from sleep.

I replaced it with a 24-pin PSU and no more problems.