Script Lock Screen Resolution

joe43wv

I am needing a script or a batch file that will force a screen resolution to load at 1024x768. The reason I'm asking for this is we are getting ready to push out a new app. for work and the minimal recomendation requires the resolution set to 1024x768. I was going to use the script as a boot up script and push it across the network so all users will have the same screen size and there won't be any issues. Any ideas? Thanks!

Um?? It sounds to me like this would be bad for any users whose screens are greater than 1024x768 to begin with. If their screen is running at below that, it's probably because anything higher isn't supported by the monitor. It says the minimum is 1024x768; hence anyone using a monitor less than about 8 years old will almost certainly already be running at that resolution or higher. Is there any reason why it shouldn't run any higher?

The oldest monitor we are using are 3 year old LCD, the reason I'm asking is some people are running 800x600 and some are running at 1024 x 768, and rather than going to every PC in the hospital I'd rather just have a script do it for me.

If you can find a command line app to change the resolution, you could have a script that checks the current resolution (which can be done by VBscript) and then IF it is less than 1024x768, change it to such, and if not, then leave it alone. That way the low-res monitors would get switched, and the other ones would be left as-is. While you're at it, you might consider enabling cleartype, if they're all LCD's. (Don't people mind looking at an LCD at 800x600 if it's designed for higher?!)

Don't know of a way to script the change, might be able to do it via GPO but I seem to recall coming up blank on that also which is why I wrote a command line app to do it.

Hey iceman did you download a 3rd party software and activate it in cmd or did you write it from the ground up?

Could you please share the batch file. I've been looking everywhere for a way to programatically change screen resolution. I have a compiled .exe that makes a simple .dll call, but I can't make that call with a vbscript. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys I found what I was needing. It was a registry edit that made me able to do what I was needing to do. BTW here's the registry edit in case someone else needs this.

HKCC\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\