format c: and then "setup"...

avenue

Hello,

somebody know how... a single Windows98 full unnatendet bootcd without any submissions

in the autoexec.bat i put this ...

but there is an error:

first i have to find a tool, which make this partition automaticly in "FAT32"

which can i use?

@ECHO OFF

set EXPAND=YES

SET DIRCMD=/O:N

set LglDrv=27 * 26 Z 25 Y 24 X 23 W 22 V 21 U 20 T 19 S 18 R 17 Q 16 P 15

set LglDrv=%LglDrv% O 14 N 13 M 12 L 11 K 10 J 9 I 8 H 7 G 6 F 5 E 4 D 3 C

cls

call setramd.bat %LglDrv%

set temp=c:\

set tmp=c:\

path=%RAMD%:\;a:\;%CDROM%:\

format c: /q /u /autotest

copy command.com %RAMD%:\ > NUL

set comspec=%RAMD%:\command.com

copy extract.exe %RAMD%:\ > NUL

copy readme.txt %RAMD%:\ > NUL

to start the format c:..full unnatendet

but what do i have to do, to start after that

immediately...

Where do i put it?

setup.exe -s msbatch.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

I don't know exactly, if this is right..

Edited by avenue

... a single Windows98 full unnatendet bootcd without any submissions

Is that really a good idea?

If you happen to forget the CD in the CDROM drive and then reboot,

your rabbit is cooked. I wouldn't make it an automated process from CD.

The whole idea about unattended install is that it can install the system without

you sitting there at the table in front of it. But it surely isn't about one size fits all.

Even if you'd be using this only privately, you'd want to change things from time

to time and from machine to machine.

There are unattended fdisk parameters, which you probably are aware of?

These should take care of the FAT32 part.

That plus the ordinary msbatch.inf should suffice to make a completely

unattended install.

Would you care to explain the parameters in that autoexec.bat of yours?

... a single Windows98 full unnatendet bootcd without any submissions

Is that really a good idea?

If you happen to forget the CD in the CDROM drive and then reboot,

your rabbit is cooked. I wouldn't make it an automated process from CD.

:hello:

Yes it is..

I'm only using win98 as an .iso file...and only on VMware.

There is/was a way, but I'm not authorized to reveal it. It was originally a thread by member soporific called Unattended Boot CD for Windows 98SE, but some of the contents were deemed warez.

Perhaps if you ask kindly, provided the moderators are in agreement, the non-warez portion and tips may be allowed. This, to my knowledge, would involve building the CD on your own utilizing software you either already have or that you may need you obtain elsewere. Again, the reason it was considered warez was AFAIK due to the fact that some contents were MS proprietary albeit either on the CD you own or available at the MS FTP site.

Not sure if it can be resurrected in an acceptable fashion, under a new and acceptable topic, or not. I personally will not undertake to usurp soporific's grand idea and code (DOS BATCH files) nor will I provide any lest I or soporific be inadvertantly banned.

Bear in mind, it isn't as simple as you may think it is but not necessarily that complex.

There is a repository for all of it, but I will not under any circumstances reveal that either for the same reasons as above.

I'm sure that somewhere along the line, perhaps others may be able to shed some light on the ins-and-outs. It is possible...

Peace, and Welcome to MSFN!

edit - Going back, I find some of the utilities contained therein were also non-MS, one of which specifically was the "unnamed" partitioning tool. Perhaps an alternative utility could be found. FDISK really stunk for unattended. Curiosity - Is the disk you have OEM?

edit2 - Look into FreeDOS; I think it may have a compatible set of partioning tools, including an alternative FDISK that may/may not do what you need.

Edited by submix8c

Aefdisk will both partition and format a hard drive in the blink of an eye more or less. And of course you get your choice of FAT types on those partitons.

But you will still need to reboot in order for DOS to load the new partition/format info to then be able to make use of it for the Windows installation...

As RetroOS said, System.ini is generated during setup from inf files such as shell.inf and many others. Why ask this?

It sounds like you are leaping right along since you don't seem to post 2 questions about any one item. That's good?