Will International version of Windows XP Pro work in US?

LadyBug

I recently purchased a retail boxed version of Windows XP Pro only to find out that the part nbr is a UK-version (E85-02667) although it was made in the USA. I live in the US and have a US-made computer. The product appears to be genuine. It has the COA sticker on the retail box including the silver holographic ribbon underneath the porthole that reads "GENUINE". (According to Microsoft's "how to tell" website, the sealed box and label appear geniune). I have not opened the box yet.

I then did a bit of research online to see if this would work on my US-made computer but found little to no documentation regarding this. The only thing I found out was that according to Microsoft, it would work on my computer but that the program had MAJOR programming differences from the US-distributed version.

Does anyone know what those differences are and whether I'll be able to use it on my computer? What are some of the problems I might encounter? Any compatibility issues with programs? Again, it is a full retail version, not OEM, not upgrade. I have a Dell computer with an Intel processor, nothing out of the ordinary.

Thank you in advance for your help.

My initial reaction is "of course it'll work!" but I must say that your research that found that the versions had "MAJOR programming differences" really surprises me. I have no idea why they'd do that. I was under the impression that all English speaking versions were the same (just set your language/keyboard/locality setting, etc) and it is just (non-English speaking) localised (eg Russian, Chinese, etc) versions that were different, and even then the differences were only skin deep (ie many references and labels in the local language).

It sounds I may be wrong.

The only reason I could see MS making "MAJOR programming differences" would be to comply with some specific UK or EU laws to release it onto the UK market. But if so I would imagine that it would be documented somewhere.