Driver batch along with unattended windows xp

I have slipstreamed sp3, wmp11, ie7, and i set up runonceex on some programs.

Now my biggest concerns is the driver.

I have tried this guide and it didn't work on some drivers for my Dell Latitude D600.

I distinctively remember that i could run the batch in end of the runonceex process.

I'm not even sure if it will work at all or not. This is just first line of 8 drivers to be installed. Cmdlines.txt runs runonceex and it's all works.

[Commands]
"RunOnceEx.cmd"
"Drivers.cmd"

Code of CMDLINES.TXT

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Drivers

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Drivers" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "ALPS Mouse Driver" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Drivers\setup.exe /silent" /f

EXIT

Code of DRIVERS.CMD

Please help me.

EDITED = This is for XP.

Edited by ESCOMMODORE64

[...]

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Drivers

[...]

Where have you read to use that key ???

The correct key is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx.

Also, even if you change this, then it will still not work, since Drivers.cmd will overwrite the previously made RunOnceEx entries of RunOnceEx.cmd, as they both define entries like '%KEY%\001' and 'Title'...

If you want to do it like this, then either add your drivers after your apps to RunOnceEx.cmd, or call a batchfile that installs the drivers from RunOnceEx.cmd...

Martin, Thank you for your reply.

What I really want is to make the batch file that will install drivers at the end of RunOnceEx. How can i make it, because I can't seem find the guide in msfn.

And the thing about set key, it's my theory, and I was wrong about it.

You can do something like this:

cmdlines.txt:

[COMMANDS]
"RunOnceEx.cmd"

Last line of RunOnceEx.cmd:

reg add %key%\990 /v 1 /d "%~dp0Drivers.cmd" /f

Drivers.cmd:

@cmdow @ /hid
set key=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
reg add %key% /v title /d "Installing Drivers" /f
reg add %key%\001 /ve /d "ALPS Mouse Driver" /f
reg add %key%\001 /v 1 /d "%~d0\Drivers\setup.exe /silent" /f
rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

Martin, thanks again.

Another problem, the guide i have followed here won't boot off the DVD instead of CD, any solution?

I use CDImage as well, i havent noticed if it wont boot from dvd. What boot image do you use? I use a self captured boot image from my x64 xp cd. You can capture the boot image with nero.

Martin, thanks again.

Another problem, the guide i have followed here won't boot off the DVD instead of CD, any solution?

I use CDImage as well, i havent noticed if it wont boot from dvd. What boot image do you use? I use a self captured boot image from my x64 xp cd. You can capture the boot image with nero.

I have used the boot image and CDImage provided by the slipstream guide. CDImage and boot image works on virtual PC, but won't boot off my laptop at all. It have CD-RW / DVD-ROM, in case you have been wondering.

Edited = I'll give Nero a try.

Edited by ESCOMMODORE64

You are most welcome, mate :)

About your other problem, then i'm guessing that you're either writing the ISO as a data compilation instead of an image file, or your

BIOS isn't setup to boot from the CD/DVD-drive before the HDD...

About your other problem, then i'm guessing that you're either writing the ISO as a data compilation instead of an image file, or your

Martin, I set CD/DVD as first boot, it's just reading and skipped like nothing's bootable. I do saw it boot very slowly off the dvd on first time, but after the second reboot, it just wont read.

I will try to write directly to dvd instead image file, but I doubt it will work.

Edited by ESCOMMODORE64

Martin, I set CD/DVD as first boot, it's just reading and skipped like nothing's bootable. I do saw it boot very slowly off the dvd on first time, but after the second reboot, it just wont read.

I will try to write directly to dvd instead image file, but I doubt it will work.

No it didn't work.

I think it's the image file itself, so where i can get the boot image that support both CD and DVD?

No it didn't work.

Please write exactly what you have done to write it and with which app...

Personally i would recommend ImgBurn for all data/audio writing tasks...

I think it's the image file itself, so where i can get the boot image that support both CD and DVD?

The boot-image from MSFN's 'Unattended Windows' guide, works for both CD and DVD(i have tested it myself)...

Since you said that your BIOS is configured to boot from CD/DVD before HDD, and that you have tested the ISO in a VM, then to me it seems like the culprit must be in the way that you write the ISO to disc...

No it didn't work.

Please write exactly what you have done to write it and with which app...

Personally i would recommend ImgBurn for all data/audio writing tasks...

The boot-image from MSFN's 'Unattended Windows' guide, works for both CD and DVD(i have tested it myself)...

Since you said that your BIOS is configured to boot from CD/DVD before HDD, and that you have tested the ISO in a VM, then to me it seems like the culprit must be in the way that you write the ISO to disc...

You are right, it's possible that it didn't record right.

How can i make sure it will record the iso to DVD properly?

Use ImgBurn and set the writing speed at either 8x or 12x if you have 16x media and leave the verify option enabled.

If you try to write the ISO as a normal data compilation with ImgBurn(instead of as an image file i.e. 'Build mode' instead of 'Write mode' in ImgBurn), then it will warn you about if you're sure that this is what you want(which it's not!)...

(This message can of course be disabled in the options...)

If you start ImgBurn once and then close it, then you can right-click on your ISO and select 'Write image with ImgBurn', so that you're sure it's being written as an image-file instead of data-compilation...

If you don't do that, then remember that you should load the image into ImgBurn's 'Write mode' and not 'Build mode'...