ISO output truncated to 660 mb

dclay

I need to make a 3.7 gig DVD which is a bootable Win XP at SP3. When I ask Nlite to make an ISO file, it truncates the file at 660 mb. I had no trouble making 3.8 gig DVD's w/ Win XP at SP2. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dave

I don't understand what is your problem.

If you want to add some files, just copy these before making the iso with nLite.

You can also use an iso editor to create/modifiy your image.

My problem is that Nlite will not add all of my files to the ISO image. I have a directory with 3.7 gig of files, but Nlite makes a 660 meg image of only about the first 20% of the files and drops the rest. It looks like Nlite thinks I am making a CD (not a DVD) and cuts out about 80% of my files.

I was not aware of an ISO editor. Please advise where I can find one.

Thanks, Dave

dclay,

I have made ISOs with nLite way over 800 MB with no problems. Simply copy all the extra files into your source folder along with the Windows files/folders before you start nLite and go to it. The current one I cut yesterday is 743 MB. If you have any more problems, then post a screen shot of your source folder Explorer window.

Good luck, John.

I just downloaded the latest Nlite and installed it. I also created a new directory and copied my original MS XP boot disk into it. I also created a sub-directory called Not_Xp for 2 gig of my stuff. In the attached PDF file, the top frame is a print screen of directory I want put in my ISO file and burn to a DVD. The lower pannel is what Nero burned from the ISO file (660 meg). Notice all the root directory files are missing. My 2 gig directory has about 2 meg of stuff. The rest got truncated.

I am really stumped. Please help.

Dave

Nlite_img.pdf

dclay,

I don't see anything out of order. There is a 'Directories' item at the end of the Components options. Here are listed files nLite thinks might be safely deleted and if they are checked, they will be deleted. Look at this list and make sure none are checked.

Are you burning a DVD? What kind? Does your burner recognize it as a DVD, not CD? Have you tried just creating an ISO file and if so what size was it? Have you tried to burn a DVD using nLite? I have burned a DVD+RW many times with ISOs too large for a CD using nLite. I found that Nero (version 6) would not burn a DVD if the image would fit on a CD. What size does nLite say your image is after processing?

Good luck, John.

John,

Thanks for the help. The ISO file is only 688,256 kb. It is not a burning problem. Nlite is not processing the whole directory. Could it be that Nlite is choking on a long file name? On Monday, I processed an old directory (XP - SP2) and got a 3.8 gig ISO file.

Thanks again,

Dave

Problem solved!

Nlite does choke on long file names. I was trying to include "My Favorites" on the DVD and some of the default names were too big.

Thanks to every one for the help.

Dave