Intel Mobile Express 945

MadBoy

Hello,

I have Windows Vista on Sony Vaio VGN-TZ21XN. Now i would like to install upgrade to drivers. On Sony's page the newest one is quite old. There's a newer one for 945 chipset on Intel page. I've downloaded it and when running it says my graphic card is not supported. Would you go end edit the .inf file adding the the HW_ID or it's too risky? Will it even work?

Or how would you proceed in that matter.

Hope someone has an answer?

You should try Windows Update !

and can get the most stable drivers from Microsoft....drivers means only drivers..no other 3rd party utilities.

Well there's no new drivers for me on Microsoft Windows Update. The biggest problem of all is that i can't update Vista to SP1 (using the full sp1 pack and not the windows update) because it rolls back at the last stage of installation (after one or two reboots). So i searched a lot and found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben...mp;x=21&y=9

It turns out that if you have Intel Graphic and it's driver is between and including driver 7.14.10.1322 and 7.14.10.1403 vista won't be offered via Windows Update (and it realy isnt).

So to summarize i need to update to newer driver before i can install sp1 and then hope it will install without rolling back things.

That's why i was wondering on modifying the drivers provided on the Intel page?

Try updating your video drivers then. Seemingly it uses GMA 950.

Direct link to download version 15.8.3.1504 here (7.14.10.1504, yes I know, 2 different version numbers...)

If there's any problems with it, then use "roll back driver".

Try updating your video drivers then. Seemingly it uses GMA 950.

Direct link to download version 15.8.3.1504 here (7.14.10.1504, yes I know, 2 different version numbers...)

If there's any problems with it, then use "roll back driver".

So i have forced Windows VIsta to accept the driver and it did install. Seems to work but no SP1 still ;(