What Language Do You Suggest?

Hi,

Im pretty new to programming, although i know a bit of VB and easier stuff...

I was looking for a good language to pick up on that you could use to read/write into processes memory etc. Although i know any path would probally be long and hard lol, but what would be some good languages to look toward to do this?

Thanks!

Im pretty new to programming, although i know a bit of VB and easier stuff...

Then perhaps you might have picked a bit too complex a task for you to start with...

I was looking for a good language to pick up on that you could use to read/write into processes memory etc.

Some people are inevitably going to say C++ for this, but anything will work really. You just need to make the calls to the APIs required properly, and it'll work just fine.

Look at VirtualQueryEx, or OpenProcess + ReadProcessMemory, etc.

Then perhaps you might have picked a bit too complex a task for you to start with...

lol what i meant is that im further along the line than "Hello World" haha

but back to topic i've talked with a few employee's here at the shop and they rather suggest C# but... i guess like you said either way should get you from point a - b. I just didnt know if one language compared to another if there was a better one for this task, as i've never tried to do this yet haha

but back to topic i've talked with a few employee's here at the shop and they rather suggest C#

Nothing wrong with that. It's my main/fav language personally.

i guess like you said either way should get you from point a - b.

Yep. Even crappy old VB6 can manage to do the required API calls...

You just have to find which API calls you're going to make, how they have to be made (there's documentation for everything), and then implement code that does that. In most cases, you'll find existing/sample source code that does just that.