.reg to addon ?

gb2100

Hi there - im really stuck right now - I have a .reg file with a load of tweaks inside which i want to be applied sureing the setup so im trying to intergrate it using nlite or ryanvm but ive tried a few things but just cannot get it to work :(

please someone give me some help or point me in the right direction

Thanx!!

Read this.

If you don't like this method, load your registry entries in nLite in Unattended->RunOnce

Example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl]
"AutoReboot"=dword:00000000

you need to convert to:

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl" /v "AutoReboot" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

This is batch scripting.

Edited by radix

this is all very confusing lol all the guides and help i can find only show adding one single reg entry but i have a single .reg file with a lot of entries to add in there so do i have to convert them all into single reg files with 1 entry per file?

i was thinking i could make the reg file with all the tweaks into a silent installer like a 7zip or rar or cab or whatever then just intergrate it using the add addons bit in nlite or ryanVM is this possable???

Edited by gb2100

this is all very confusing lol all the guides and help i can find only show adding one single reg entry but i have a single .reg file with a lot of entries to add in there so do i have to convert them all into single reg files with 1 entry per file?

i was thinking i could make the reg file with all the tweaks into a silent installer like a 7zip or rar or cab or whatever then just intergrate it using the add addons bit in nlite or ryanVM is this possable???

Use a batch file:

@echo off
regedit /s settings.reg
exit

Build the sfx archive. Set the batch file to run after extraction.

yeah it is - what i did was create the batch file and make a SFX archive with it set it all to silent and intergrated it using RyanVM's Intergrator and it added it to the svc pack and i tested it and it added the reg tweaks perfectly :)

Thnax radix for your help!!