Enable Application Compatibility Mode in Win2K Nlited CD

KillerOh

Well, I don't know If I searched hard enough, but I haven't found something about this...

Accodding the "KB279792"...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279792/EN-US/

It's possible to "unlock" a Compatibility tool in the Windows 2000 (I'm not considering the "APCOMPAT.exe" avaliable in the "SUPPORT" folder from Win2K CD. I suppose I **can't** slipstream my own because my Windows 2K CD is the "base", with no service packs added. And I guess the Slipstreaming shouldn't update this installer or something like that).

I'd like to know if it's possible to do it in an Unattended install (such as, after install the Windows 2000, obviously with the SP4 slipstreamed, we have this mode avaliable with no need to use the "run" command). The "APCOMPAT.EXE slipstreaming" (and the lastest version avaliable as well, if possible, or even a Win2K compatible and working Aplication Compatibility Toolkit; the latest one has the Compatibility mode unavaliable for Win2K D=) should be also on handy. =D

Sorry if it's a stupid question, and thanks starting for now for all support, even if none comes.

EDIT1: forget about...

Accoding the command swithes from "regsvr32" (Just type "regsvr32" with no quotes in the "Run"), it's just needed to add a "/s" switch for a silent operation...

So, the following command:

regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll

Should work.

Well, thanks for nothing this time. =D

Edited by KillerOh