Unable to install Graphics Driver

Kindovic

Hi,

I recently accidentally uninstalled my display drivers via device manager but now I couldn't reinstall back the drivers. I've downloaded a update version from Intel but still unable to install or update the drivers.

I've heard from my friend to remove the inf folder from windows, then reinstall the driver. Is it safe to do tat?

Thanks!

Can you be more specific? What happens when you try to install the driver? Are you using an EXE-based driver installer from Intel or is it a ZIP driver package? Also, try going into Device Manager. Do you have yellow question marks and "VGA" under display devices?

One way to manually install the drivers is to download the INF and drivers manually, then point Device Manager to the INF file.

I've heard from my friend to remove the inf folder from windows, then reinstall the driver. Is it safe to do tat?

Personally I would not remove the inf folder. I've never tried it and perhaps it works but it sounds like a recipe to destroy Windows to me!

Have a look for Driver Cleaner, although the latest version costs, you should be able to find the old freeware version for download on MajorGeeks or somewhere similar. That should allow you to completely clean out your old drivers and then your new ones should install fine.

Good luck! :)