nLite crashes when starts to create my OS

fgaine

I tried to create an unattended custom XP pro with SP3, all windows updates and patches, and a few unneeded bits removed. Which took me about an hour to set up. When nLite started processing the job, it crashed after a few seconds! Of course, none of my selections were saved and I had to redo it all over again. I then decided it was because I was making too many changes to my OS in one go, that maybe some hotfixes and patches were causing this, and I decided to only customize the Unattended part (nothing added or removed from the orginal CD). It crashed just the same. So what is wrong? Please help...

Edited by fgaine

When in doubt, try starting from fresh. Uninstall nLite, then delete the nLite folder and then install 1.4.7

Thanks for the advice. I tried that but that wasn't the problem. I found out it was one of the additional desktop themes I had added that would make nLite crash. I since made a working .ISO but it can't apply some of my added themes although they are in the right location and Windows' theme protection is patch/disabled. How come?

I had the same problem. I found the way to deal with it was to save my settings before creating the ISO, then tell it to do it & let it crash, run it again, & make a mental note of the themes/styles it says are missing when you load the settings you saved, then simply remove those from the list of ones you want to include in the ISO. Then save settings again & try creating the ISO again.

<edit>

Depending on how many themes/styles are causing problems you may need to go through the above process more than once.

</edit>

Edited by Alien42