Possible bug with x64 personalization.

Star Shadow

My source was Windows Vista Home Premium OEM w/SP1. This is the new OEM disc that has SP1 integrated on it. I had vLite 1.1.6 installed on a Vista x86 (not a type ;) ) machine. I only use vLite to add hotfixes, drivers, make the install unattended, and select a few performance enhancers (like forcing kernel to run only in memory rather than swap to hard disk). However, being on 32 bit I couldn't integrate hotfixes this time.

I entered in my personal information for my name and organization in the unattended area. Everything proceeded as normal and I installed it on a new computer. After installing Office 2007, I noticed that in the area where you can enter your name, initials, and organization, the default was "Microsoft" for both name and organization. I did a search of the registry and found that the 32 bit fields had my name and organization filled in, but the 64 bit fields did not. Those fields are located at:

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\

and the two fields are: RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner.

Those fields both contained "Microsoft", which leaves me to believe that they were not updated by the vLite to contain the info I entered. I don't know if this is normal for having done this on a 32 bit version of Vista or not. I have yet to try vLite'ing Vista64 from Vista64, so I cannot say if this will fix the issue. However, if one is vLite'ing Vista64 from Vista32, maybe vLite can be updated to know about those two registry keys and update them. :) Also, I have not looked at the new beta yet.

Thanks and I hope this helps.

My source was Windows Vista Home Premium OEM w/SP1. This is the new OEM disc that has SP1 integrated on it. I had vLite 1.1.6 installed on a Vista x86 (not a type ;) ) machine. I only use vLite to add hotfixes, drivers, make the install unattended, and select a few performance enhancers (like forcing kernel to run only in memory rather than swap to hard disk). However, being on 32 bit I couldn't integrate hotfixes this time.

I can't tell anything about issue you are having but you can NOT integrate hotfixes or service pack to Vista x64 while runing x86 Windows as a host, while opposite is possible (you can integrate into Vista x86 while runing x64 Windows as host).

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

I can't tell anything about issue you are having but you can NOT integrate hotfixes or service pack to Vista x64 while runing x86 Windows as a host, while opposite is possible (you can integrate into Vista x86 while runing x64 Windows as host).

Cheers ;)

I know, and I said as much in my post. ;) That's why I didn't know if this issue is specifically related to being vlited on a 32 bits platform or not. I think it might be since no one has mentioned this before. :P