Win 98 updates downloaded on XP

sopchoppy

I'm reinstalling Windows 98SE (clean install) and I've downloaded a lot of 98 updates from this site but I'm having difficulties installing them. I receive an error message indicating that the downloaded files are linked to ntdll.dll:NTShutdown System. I have installed ntdll.dll in the System, System32 and System32/Driver areas but evidently this is not the answer. Apparently, the installer is tied to XP and does not work on Win98. I also suspect this is the reason that AutoPatcher refuses to work. Is there any fix around this, or do I have to try to download all of the updates on the Win98 box.

The issue with the Win98 box is that it has no network card and only connects by phone modem. I can surmise that it will take a long, long time to download all of the updates by telephone.

If anyone can offer any assistance I would appreciate it.

:rolleyes: Check Format of where you downloaded updates :Fat,Fat16 or Fat32 work best with 98SE..if not then thats where to find first problems with updates ....it's not in updates themselves,but which system is used when downloading them...*i had same problem when i Downloaded 98SE on friends XP-based computer and to go to local library as my internet connection had modem problems.Actually Win2000 i had no problems as its more compatible with Fat for some reason unknown to me? *TRY to find a good Download Manager as it speeds up download process! :thumbup