Trying to create a unattended rescue install!

Naesstrom

Hi guys & girls!

I'm kind-of-admin for the computers at the school I'm working at and this time it's come to reinstalling a bunch of laptops (86 to be exact) with windows vista!

They all have a recovery-dvd with windows vista business and I tought that it was the kind that you put in, take a cup of coffe or something for 1hr - go back and it's done... but guess what... I was wrong!

It seems like any other vista install except the fact that I never have to put in a serial... but I still need to make every selection, format the drive, select the place, language etc! Doing that with all the laptops would take a lot longer then I'm willing to do so I tought that a vLite disc, unnatended would be nice!

Well, so far I burnt 3 discs, 2 of them give me:

This application has failed to start because tbs.dll was not found.
Re-Installing the application may fic this problem.

On the first one I deselected a lot of stuff so I suspected any of them was the issue, but on the last one I checked everything as "standard" I could and only filled in the unattended part but I still get this at the "Please Wait" screen that looks like vista!

Any ideas what might be wrong... or anyone that can point me in some other easy way to make the install a bit less painfull?

When exactly do you get that file missing error, what application?

tbs.dll is part of the TPM Base Services.

Also attach your preset if you want me to test it when you tell me the scenario.

• 3 months later...

This thread seems forgotten, but I got the same problem as Naesstrom has (or had), the missing tbs.dll.

that dialog pops up serveral times during the first phase of vista installation.

Closing all dialog, installation continue and succeed.

However, it's pain for unattended installation, so solution helps.

< Conditions >

vLite Version: 1.2

Vista Edition: Vista Home Basic

Language Settings: Japanese

Other: look at Last Session.ini

Please test the case with the attached preset if you had time to spare. Thanx.

Last_Session.ini

post-38336-1222473664_thumb.jpg

Edited by nakaiy