patching uxtheme on xp pro sp2 build 3790

Would anyone have the correct offsets and hex values to patch uxtheme.dll on sp2 build 3790? I've just tried multiple times and it's never worked. The auto patchers didn't work, the dlls I downloaded didn't work. Another problem is that there is both a 32 and 64-bit version of uxtheme.

I can provide the DLLs if someone here is experienced in modding them. I just feel so powerless being unable to do it myself. I really should learn how to single-step assembly.

I use nlite to patch what you are asking for, all custom themes work perfect. I dont know if it's legal to upload the patched file, but it so i'd be happy to help.

As how to get hold of it yourself, i remember using the auto patcher program, and for me that worked on sp2.

You might look into doing a install in a virtual machine and simply copy the patched file from it, thus creating the install image with nlite.

Should work perfect.

I am aware that this is 64bit.Which i use myself.

Thanks! nLite worked. Or rather, it didn't. It'd patch the x64 dll, then would crash for the x32 dll, deleting it (wuxtheme.dl_). I still tried with the x64 dll alone and it works perfectly. It would seem the theme's signature is only checked when it's loaded and not every time uxtheme hooks into an application.

Right, forgot something rather important for anyone who might bump into here. Here are the changes that nLite did:

at offset 0x150 change 50 94 to A5 56

At offset 0x12DC3 change 48 83 EC 78 to 33 C0 C3 90