Newby :-) Adding a registry key in slipstream

serge50

Hi all,

I'm new in using Nlite 1.4.5.

Been playing yesterday with it, and got this far I can slipstream from XP sp2 to sp3, including WM11 and IE7.

Also figured out how to get the repair function working with the slipstreamed cd.

So teached myself very good I think... LOL

For me there is only one problem left.

I want to add a registry key during installation.

Only has to be done once... so not even when a new account is made.

So how do I do it... they key is exported in *.reg format, but can be any format that it needs to be.

Where do I put the *.reg (or whatever) file, and how do I tell Nlite to perform this action during automated install.

Would be nice if someone can help me out on this one :rolleyes:

Edited by serge50

put a command in the runonce section of the unattend settings of nlite. This is mine:

REGEDIT /S %SOURCE%\apps\reg\ie7tweaks.reg

REGEDIT (/s for silent) I have my .reg file in a folder called reg inside an apps folder. using %SOURCE% tells nlite to look at whatever drive letter is assigned to the cd/dvd you are installing from. I'm assuming you are installing from a cd or dvd.

the runonce runs the first time a user logs on, which you could do with a one time autologin of any of the users you create with nlite in the users section

Edited by ITsMillerTime

A much, much faster and EASIER way is to simply install (or use portable version wtf) X-Setup and activate recording mode.

Then do all tweaks you like, and when done, simply stop recording mode and export it to a .registry file ready for silent install as previous post #2

mentions. It doesnt have all tweaks, and you should check if some tweaks are really for your installed OS, but its a real timesaver.

Well worth the effort!

Thanks guy's,

I guess that I will manage now :-))

@DL will read the post later....

Think the other 2 replies will do for no anyway...

Was just that I could not find the right information... but now I know.

Only need one working copy for me, but usually my friends are asking all time things like this.

I used to install always manually ... but with sp3 and all the other crap since sp2 it is taking too much time now.

Now I will be done in 35-45 minutes... :-)

And I saw also installing with USB here on the forum... next step when I am done with. :-)

:thumbup:hello: