Sata drivers mssing in ghosted image

I created a ghost image of an XP system following a sysprep operation. It worked on 3-4 computers with no issues however on one computer it does not work.....the systems keeps on rebooting. I looked the ghosted disk (copnnecting it to a usb enclosure and it does have the sysprep folder. I tried to add the sata drivers of that computer to the drivers folder but with no avail....Is thetre any thing I can do to fix the problem.

Regards

Try to use OfflineSysPrep to inject drivers.

Or look for PEIMG.EXE - usage is described in the same topic.

Or inject your driver manually - there is one example in the same topic too (look for a post by Ilko with regestry settings).

There is also one more tool I mentioned there but nobody reported how it works.

Mass Storage Controller drivers have to be present on the disk and in sysprep.inf BEFORE running sysprep. Otherwise, the Critical Device database never gets the basic info needed to preload the required drivers. Just placing them in the image is not enough in this case since they are needed before the OS is running fully.

I've never used a 3rd party app to try injecting Mass Storage drivers, but it may be worth a shot. As a fallback you can just update the system to fix it before syspreping again.

Mass Storage Controller drivers have to be present on the disk and in sysprep.inf BEFORE running sysprep. Otherwise, the Critical Device database never gets the basic info needed to preload the required drivers. Just placing them in the image is not enough in this case since they are needed before the OS is running fully.

I've never used a 3rd party app to try injecting Mass Storage drivers, but it may be worth a shot. As a fallback you can just update the system to fix it before syspreping again.