I would like to install office 2003 SP3 (Full version) by WPI

Using Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit to creating Office 2003 SP3 and FrontPage 2003 SP3 autorun (MST)

Fig 1: The different between complete and normal installation

Fig 1 This is called Normal installation, after installed you will see it appeared 425mb in add/ removal. This will be fine to install with WPI

The syntax can be either one of following:

%wpipath%\install\office\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qb-

%wpipath%\install\office\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qn

(Fig 1)

87291664za6.jpg

Fig 2 This is called Complete installation, after installed you will see it appeared 724mb in add/ removal. This will be a problem to install with WPI

Nor matter the syntax is either one of following:

%wpipath%\install\office\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qb-

%wpipath%\install\office\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qn

(Fig 2)

43066430dv9.jpg

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/50/

This website have missing the explanations of above steps

Hope Mr. Kelsenellenelvian could understood and know how to using Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit, how to creating normal and complete install of office after you gone through it

Lastly, Use WPI to install office with normal install will be fine, but complete installaion.

Thank you

So, my "temporary solution" (zipping the Office 2003 files and having them extracted to the temp directory and run from there) does about the same thing as the website suggests. I have selected everything except Info Path. You're saying that it will work from WPI if I leave it in the standard configuration?

I have my almost full setup working in WPI. On the Unattended Install site in your first post http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/50/, it has you put the Office files in $OEM$\$1\Office2003. Your Windows disc will copy the files to the root of your hard drive and run them from there. I do the same thing by zipping my Office files to a self extracting exe file. It extracts them to the temp folder and runs setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qb- . In WPI I just call the self extracting exe "%wpipath%\Install\O2003.exe".

DaystromM5

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/50/

This way is " Normal installation ".

If you do it by Fig 2, this way is " Complete installation ".

When you use " Complete installation " and put it together with WPI,

the installation of your PC will be stopped.

DaystromM5

Can you understand "Normal installation" and "Complete installation" ?

888uv7.jpg

Edited by book531231

I saw the WinRAR file in your pictures. If you're using the rb_config.js fix then you should change the path in the Office.au3 file to read "\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qb-"

; ----> The Office and reboot.js file error definitive fix!

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

BlockInput(0)

; ----> Add the name of your .msp file here. (I have mine in the same directory as the setup.exe file)

RunWait( @ScriptDir & "\setup.exe/adminfile Office.msp", "", @SW_HIDE)

; ----> If you have a SLOW pc and are still getting the error make this number higher (I suggest by 5000 increments)

Sleep(10000)

Exit

Then compile it with Auto-IT and put the exe file you just made in the same folder with your setup.exe (compress it along with your other files into the rar).

Your WinRAR should be set up to run the auto-it.exe with no switches.

If you're not using it, then compress your RAR and run "setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qb-" without the quotes from inside WinRAR.

Then run "%wpipath%\Install\WinRAROfficeInstaller.exe" in WPI.

This method worked to install my full Office 2003 installation without Info Path silently, with no errors.

DaystromM5

Please tell me What is the size of the file at add/remove after installing office 2003 sp3

DEFAULT installation 435mb

FULL installation 723mb

Thank you

Edited by book531231