biometric fingerprint scanner

i have the source codes on my project. But i dont understand a single thing. Anybody care to help me out try to figure out the codes and help me out on my project? i will send u the source codes. reply me if interested. Thnks a lot..hoping to hear from u guys soon

It might be useful for most here to identify the language in question...

Besides, you'll probably get more help if you start by posting the syntax you don't understand rather than dumping the complete source on someone and asking them to explain every single line of it.

HI there. thnks for replying.

I have both the codes for C# and VB. I prefer using VB as it is easier. This is part of the sample code. Theres a lot of things that i dont understand and i dont know where or how to start. Im a student and im supposed to do this for my project. Im not a programmer btw. So im really really lost. Hope there are peeps out there willing to help. :)

Private Sub BtnCapture1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BtnCapture1.Click

Di()

m fp_image() As Byte

Dim iError As Int32

Dim img_qlty As Int32

ReDim fp_image(m_ImageWidth * m_ImageHeight)

iError = m_FPM.GetImage(fp_image)

If iError = FDxError.ERROR_NONE Then

DrawImage(fp_image, pictureBoxR1)

m_FPM.GetImageQuality(m_ImageWidth, m_ImageHeight, fp_image, img_qlty)

progressBar_R1.Value = img_qlty

iError = m_FPM.GetMinutiae(fp_image, m_RegMin1)

If (iError = FDxError.ERROR_NONE) Then

StatusBar.Text = "First image is captured"

Else

StatusBar.Text = "GetMinutiae() Error : " + Convert.ToString(iError)

End If

Else

StatusBar.Text = "GetImage() Error : " + Convert.ToString(iError)

End If

End Sub

MSFN forum rules state:

2.c Requesting help with academic material, such as assignments, is not permitted on MSFN. Receiving such help is often viewed as plagiarism in many schools, and therefore cannot be allowed. This is for your own protection in your academic career.

Well im more to a hands on kind of person. I prefer working rather than studying. But i have to go throough this even though i have no interest. I asked my supervisor for a hardware project but was given a programming project. So thats why im asking for help. Maybe you can take i as teaching me how to go through it.